I love tuna stuffed tomatoes in the summer because they’re filling and tasty while still being cool and refreshing. Bonus points for not having to turn on the oven or stove-top!
Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes are a summer favorite! Hello there from the sunny state of Florida! And by sunny, I mean holy heck it feels like we’re sitting on the surface of the sun! Good gravy, our heat index has been well over 100 degrees all month with the humidity in excess of 40%.
Do you know what that feels like? It feels like melting onto the couch in the air conditioning with the ceiling fan blasting at full force and never wanting to move again. Even the pool water is hot! Uhg. Serve these tuna salad tomatoes after a yummy breakfast of homemade blueberry pancakes and before a delicious dinner of grilled ribeye steaks.
Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes
Tuna Stuffed Tomato Ingredients
- Large ripe tomatoes
- Canned tuna fish, drained
- Dill relish
- Garlic salt
How do you make tuna stuffed tomatoes?
⭐ First, using a knife and spoon, carefully scoop out the tomato insides (I like to save mine to use in soups or salsa).
⭐ Next, in a bowl, combine tuna fish, relish, garlic salt, and mayonnaise (start with a small amount of mayo and work your way up to desired consistency).
⭐ Finally, fill hollowed tomato with tuna salad and garnish with extra relish, parsley, green onion, or your fork!
More Summer Salad Ideas
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
- Mandolin slicer – Make pickle slices, or scalloped potatoes. French fries, and shaved onion. You won’t get a better or quicker thin slice than with this mandolin. Just make sure to use the safety guard, no one *actually* wants a knuckle sandwich!
- End grain cutting board – This is my absolute favorite cutting board and the one that I get the most compliments on. And p.s. I have a lot of cutting boards. It really is absolutely stunning, and knows how to take a beating. We use it every single day!
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes
Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
- Large ripe tomatoes 1 per serving
- Canned tuna fish drained, about 1/2 cup per serving
- Dill relish about 1 tablespoon per serving
- Garlic salt about 1/2 teaspoon per serving
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Using a knife and spoon, carefully scoop out the tomato insides (I like to save mine to use in soups or salsa).
- In a bowl, combine tuna fish, relish, garlic salt, and mayonnaise (start with a small amount of mayo and work your way up to desired consistency).
- Fill hollowed tomato with tuna salad and garnish with extra relish, parsley, green onion, or your fork!
This was originally a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.