Am I the only one who gags when pouring garbanzo beans out of the can? I don't know what it is, I adore hummus, but whole canned chick peas just ick me out. Unless of course, they're magically transformed into a crunchy crispy creole-y snack. These Crunchy Creole Roasted Chick Peas with light your socks on fire and leave you begging for more.
- Canned garbanzo beans (chick peas), 15 oz
- Olive oil
- Creole seasoning (or whatever seasoning you prefer! I use salt, garlic powder and onion powder for my 'mild' batch)
- Drain garbanzo beans and pat dry with a towel.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place on a lined baking sheet, in a single layer, and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. (This can also be done in a toaster oven!) Watch closely toward the end to avoid burning.
- Serve immediately while warm and crunchy!