This Cranberry and Goat Cheese Steak Salad brings me back to the days when I worked a 60+ hour week and wore uncomfortable suits with ridiculously high heels to work. Once upon a time when lawyering was my thing, there was a grossly overpriced restaurant around the corner from our firm and they had a cranberry and goat cheese salad that I was absolutely obsessed with. It was so overpriced that even when money wasn't an issue (can you believe there was a time like that?!) - I still couldn't bring myself to go there more than once a month.
A girlfriend of mine recently asked about what to do with goat cheese and it reminded my of this beloved salad. My career, and that restaurant, are long since retired, but memories are still fresh. And delicious.
Cranberry and Goat Cheese Steak Salad, Ingredients:
- Lettuce, Spring Mix
- Dried cranberries (unsweetened, if you can find them)
- Pumpkin seed kernels (or pine nuts)
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- Cooked steak, sliced thin
- Balsamic dressing
Cranberry and Goat Cheese Steak Salad, Directions:
- Find a big bowl and pile the ingredients together. Use more goat cheese and cranberries than you think are neccessary.
- Pour a generous helping of balsamic dressing over top.
- Enjoy. Have seconds.