This ‘Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Butter and Marie Callender’s Turkey Pot Pies‘ recipe and article was developed for Collective Bias and Marie Callender’s. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #EasyAsPotPie #CollectiveBias
The turkey pot pies taste like homemade and are Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner all wrapped up neatly into a golden, perfectly flaky crust. There’s no muss, no fuss, and practically no time commitment at all – and my Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Butter is the perfect addition. I like to spoon mine right on top of the golden flaky crust and mix it all together. Mmmmm. It’s also delicious on biscuits, pancakes, and over ice cream or yogurt!
Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Butter, Ingredients:
- 4 pounds of apples (I used Red Delicious), cut but not peeled
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon real vanilla extract
Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Butter, Directions:
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker (I used a 7 quart), and cook on low for about ten hours (overnight is fine).
- Give it a stir, then use your immersion blender (or very carefully use your upright blender) and puree it until smooth.
- If it’s at the consistency you like, then congrats! you’re done! If you like it thicker, then continue to cook uncovered on low for an additional 1 – 3 hours (stirring occasionally).
You can learn more about Marie Callender’s at Marie Callender’s Meals, find Marie Callender’s on Facebook here: Marie Callender’s Facebook Page, and find more great recipe ideas at PotPiePlease.com!
Also check out the Marie Callender’s Comforts From Home Project where you can collect box codes and enter them online to make a donation that helps support American troops!