Cranberry Apple Butter just makes me happy! I could eat holiday food from September through December and be happy as a clam. I don’t know what it is about turkey and cranberry sauce, but I just absolutely love it.
Cranberry Apple Butter
Cranberry Apple Butter Ingredients
- Apples – Peeled and sliced. I like to use Red Delicious, but you can use whatever type you love.
- Cranberries – You’ll want to use fresh cranberries or fresh/frozen cranberries.
- Orange juice – Fresh orange juice or from concentrate, either is fine.
- Vanilla extract – Make sure you’re using real vanilla extract and not imitation.
How do you make cranberry apple butter? (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, add all ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low.
⭐ Next, give it a stir, then use your immersion blender (or very carefully use your upright blender) and puree it until smooth.
⭐ Finally, if it’s at the consistency you like, then congrats! you’re done! If you like it thicker, then continue to cook uncovered on low for an additional 1 – 3 hours (stirring occasionally).
More Recipes with Cranberry
Tools we love
- Stick blender – Possibly the most used gadget in my entire kitchen. The key to making a hand blender useful versus a giant pain in the butt is to rinse it immediately after using. That way you’re never trying to get crusty dried goop out from under the blades.
- Instant Pot electric pressure cooker – Hey there working parent! It’s me! Also a working parent! Can we talk about how hard it is to get a healthy dinner on the table during the week? So. Hard. Well, Imma tell you – this electric pressure cooker, and my gas grill are the saving graces in our home. A delicious roast with carrots and potatoes in 45 minutes? Yes, please! You’re seriously going to love this one!
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Cranberry Apple Butter
Cranberry Apple Butter
- 4 pounds of apples I used Red Delicious, cut but not peeled
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker (I used a 7 quart), and cook on low for about ten hours (overnight is fine).
- Give it a stir, then use your immersion blender (or very carefully use your upright blender) and puree it until smooth.
- If it's at the consistency you like, then congrats! you're done! If you like it thicker, then continue to cook uncovered on low for an additional 1 - 3 hours (stirring occasionally).
This ‘Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Butter and Marie Callender’s Turkey Pot Pies’ recipe and article was originally developed for Collective Bias and Marie Callender’s. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone.