Copycat Alehouse Chicken Nachos are an easy and delicious dinner to the rescue!
Two things I love (love, love love!) are cooking and shopping. If I could spend my days in a haze of creative kitchening and consumerism, I would be a blissfully happy gal. That said, two things I very (very, very, very!) strongly dislike are cooking and shopping when they're not on my terms. Exhibit A: my five children whining at me that they're hungry (didn't I just feed them lunch???) and they don't want anything on the menu plan. Exhibit B: my daughter telling me her sneakers no longer fit as we're walking out the door.
I do not enjoy cooking out of obligation when I know the result, however delicious, will be ill received. Sometimes you just can't please kids. Amiright? So, for days when nothing's going according to plan. When we have to run out at the last minute to shoe the children. When there are 14 after-school activities planned at 11 different locations. Those days when I desperately want to throw up my hands in the air and take us all to a (sports) bar for dinner. I have Easy Chicken Nachos.
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for items that compliment this recipe!
These Chicken Nachos are modeled after a local restaurant that is a little bit famous for them. Or maybe it's just my favorite thing on the menu. Who can tell? They're super easy to whip up, and are great fun to eat. I like to make them piled high in a large skillet (which is how they're served at the restaurant), but you can totally do them in a roasting pan too. So Monday (of course it was a Monday) after a mad dash to for new sneakers, we sat down together and dug into a heaping pan of Chicken Nachos served with fresh Pico de Gallo, Pickled Garlic Jalapenos, and sour cream. It's basically what every Monday needs.
Hooray for shoes that fit!
Easy Chicken Nachos, Ingredients:
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or 4 cooked chicken breasts), shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 bags tortilla chips, 9 ounces each
- Pickled jalapenos
Easy Chicken Nachos, Directions:
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken, 1/2 cup of salsa and about 1 cup of the shredded cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Pour one bag of tortilla chips into your large skillet or roasting pan, then place about half the chicken mixture over it and give a little toss to evenly incorporate. Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese over top.
- Repeat step 2.
- Bake on center/low oven rack at 425 degrees for 10 -12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and chips are browning.
- Top with jalapenos and enjoy!
You might also enjoy: