This simple and delicious Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe is a partnered conversation with Buzz + Bloom Honey. All content and opinions are my own. #BuzznBloom
I am obsessed with this shrimp. OB. SESSED. I've made it twice just this week and am eyeing the menu plan and wondering if I can sneak it in one more time. This Honey Garlic Shrimp is the perfect combination of buttery, sweet, and salty with just the right amount of garlic. Ohhhhh, I am writing this at 11PM and it's seriously crossing my mind to take a quick break and make another batch. Not only is this shrimp dish delicious (deeeeelishus), it's insanely easy to make. Honest to goodness, it takes about five minutes from start to finish. Fifteen if you're using frozen shrimp. (Do you hear angels singing? I'm pretty sure I do).
My eight year old doesn't like shrimp. Really and seriously he doesn't like shrimp. It's his one "pass food" that I won't make him eat even if it's what I served the whole family for dinner. He voluntarily ate two bowls of this Honey Garlic Shrimp. And then he asked if I was going to finish mine. (I was). (And I did).
I did feel a little mom-guilt over my failure to indulge his new-found love of shrimp (yay), so of course, we made it again two nights later. Hashtag, sacrifices.
We are hard core honey lovers at my house. As a sweetener, binder, flavor enhancer, and spooned directly into our mouths. Honey for president is what I say. Whoop, whoop! I'd ask if you love honey as much as I do, but I'm pretty sure it's not possible because I am honey's #1 fan. Okay, that's actually a lie. My six year old Stephen is honey's #1 fan. He would drink it from the bottle if we let him. (Which we don't). (Promise).
If you want more honey inspired recipes - you'll love these: Lemon Cookies with Honey Lemon Drizzle, Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Broccoli Slaw, Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken, Cinnamon Honey Butter for Popcorn, and The Ultimate Honey Mustard Glaze.
For this recipe, Buzz + Bloom Honey was kind enough to send me several delicious honeys to try! We went with the Light & Sweet, but I bet any one of them would work beautifully. Okay, maybe not cinnamon. The cinnamon honey is waiting for a big bowl of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm.
About Buzz + Bloom Honey
- Buzz + Bloom Honey is dedicated to delivering globally-sourced, craft-style honey that captures the natural and diverse goodness of the honeybee journey. Buzz + Bloom honeys are sourced from trusted beekeepers in the United States, Brazil, Vietnam, Ethiopia and around the world, delivering an unparalleled and unique taste experience in each and every variety. Real honey has natural pollen in it. That’s why Buzz + Bloom Honey gently strains its honey, ensuring that it retains natural pollen, a nutritive component that also verifies the honey’s floral source and country of origin. Buzz + Bloom honeys are packed in low temperature environments and never over-heated, which helps maintain the vital enzymes and antioxidants that make honey a true superfood.
- Buzz + Bloom honeys are available nationwide via BuzzAndBloomHoney.com and at select retailers in 14 all-natural varieties, including Organic Non-GMO, Raw & Unfiltered and Fair Trade Certified. Buzz + Bloom Spreadable Honeys are perfect for spreading, dipping and spooning.
Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe, Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons of butter (I prefer clarified butter if possible because it has a higher smoke point, and more intense 'butter' flavor. Regular butter will work fine too though!)
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 tablespoons honey (we used Buzz + Bloom Light & Sweet Honey)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste if you're using unsalted butter)
- optional garnish: green onion or chives
Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe, Directions:
- In a large skillet, melt butter on high heat. Add garlic powder, salt, and honey. Stir and mix ingredients well.
- When pan is very hot (not quite screaming, but close) and the honey butter mixture is starting to bubble, add shrimp.
- Cook about 5 minutes until shrimp is totally pink and opaque, and you see no more grey bits.
- If your shrimp released a lot of liquid (this sometimes happens when using previously frozen shrimp), you can remove it to a bowl and simmer the sauce down to your desired consistency. Pour sauce over shrimp to serve, and garnish with green onion or chives.
Find Buzz + Bloom on web and social media: website: BuzzAndBloomHoney.com, Facebook: @BuzznBloom, Twitter: @BuzznBloom, Instagram: @BuzznBloom, Hashtag: #BuzznBloom
You may also enjoy: