This Easy Chimichurri Sauce recipe is perfect for marinating, dipping, and dressing pretty much everything! You'll wonder how you lived without it!
There's a new Mexican restaurant near my house that I am slightly obsessed with. Thankfully so is my regular lunch date gal pal. I literally haven't ordered a bad meal from there, or even a mediocre one, and the margaritas are legit. (Saint Anejo, for the locals who want to check it out). The last time we visited I told the waiter I was in the mood for red meat and veggies, so he came back with the most wonderful skirt steak and grilled vegetables that was dressed with the most delicious chimichurri sauce I've ever had. Naturally, I spend the next few weeks trying to recreate the chimichurri recipe. And, folks. Ohhhhhh, I think you're going to love me for this one!
This sauce uses all fresh, bright and delicious ingredients, but can be frozen so you'll have these amazing flavors on hand any time you want. If you don't want to freeze, no worries, the oil and lime will keep it preserved in the fridge for several weeks if not longer.
I'm pretty sure this sauce could make even the gloomiest days look bright. We may be getting into those dark winter evenings that come too early, but make a great steak with your cast iron and throw this over top to forget all your seasonal worries. And throw in a margarita while you're at it.
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for items we think you'll love:
- Cuisinart Smart Stick 2 Speed Hand Blender
- Ninja BL770A Kitchen System 1500W Power
- Ball Mason 12oz Jars with Lids
Easy Chimichurri Sauce Recipe, Ingredients:
- 2 cups cilantro leaves (stems removed) - approximately 1 bunch
- 2 cups parsley leaves (stems removed) - approximately 1 bunch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice - approximately 3 limes
- 3 tablespoons capers
Easy Chimichurri Sauce Recipe, Directions:
- Add everything except capers to your blender (or you could use a stick blender), and pulse until smooth.
- Stir in capers (so they stay whole), and store in the refrigerator. This can be used right away but it best after 24 hours so the flavors can marry.
You may also enjoy: