This Roast Beef Sandwich will rock your world! We used fresh deli roast beef and Creamy Chimichurri Sauce, YUM!
Sandwiches and I have a troubled relationship. I don’t generally eat them, because sometimes they are unkind to me. So, the thing about it is, if you see me eating a sandwich, it’s because that sandwich is extraordinary. And this here Ultimate Roast Beef Sandwich with Creamy Chimichurri Sauce most definitely qualifies.
Roast Beef Sandwich
Roast Beef Sandwich Ingredients
- Fresh deli bread – thin sliced
- Lettuce I’m partial to a butter lettuce
- Muenster cheese – thick sliced
- Tomatoes – thick sliced
- Roast beef – thick sliced (try using some leftover garlic prime rib slices)
- Red onion – medium sliced (or sub in some pickled red onions)
- Optional – creamy chimichurri, garlic dill pickles
How do you make the best roast beef sandwich ever? (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, whisk together the ingredients to make your creamy chimichurri.
⭐ Next, layer everything in the order listed.
⭐ Finally, slice in half and enjoy!
Creamy chimichurri sauce
Blend together 2 cups cilantro leaves stems removed (approximately 1 bunch), 2 cups parsley leaves stems removed (approximately 1 bunch), 1 teaspoon salt, 2 cloves peeled garlic, 1/2 cup olive oil, and 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (approximately 3 limes). Then whisk in 3 tablespoons capers and mayonnaise until desired creaminess is reached.
Fresh baked bread piled high with bright green lettuce, thick sliced deli cheese, mounds of rare roast beef, fresh tomatoes, and zingy red onion, then drenched with creamy chimichurri sauce and served with a pickle. This is the kind of sandwich that wins husbands. And wives, annnnnnd wives.
Chimichurri sauce is simple to make but if you don’t want to make your own, no worries, they sell it in the Latin section of most markets. For this sandwich though, the key is making it creamy. Mmmmmmm. And if you’re just not into bread, then make it a wrap or serve it on a hashbrown! Because yasssssss!
Fresh ingredients really make our roast beef sandwich sing. I don’t waste my sandwich capital on just any old hoagie. This guy is something special. We’d get married if that totally wasn’t weird and creepy. Also, probably not wise to eat your spouse. Or marry inanimate objects. Just saying.
I can’t even with this sauce and you won’t be able to either. I always keep regular chimichurri sauce ready to go in our fridge, but now I’ll be keeping a bottle of the creamy version around too. It’s limey, and cilantroey, and capery, and creamy. So many delicious adjectives.
With 5 boys (okay, 4 boys and 1 man) in the house, all of whom are SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS! We do a lot of entertaining this time of year. I love setting out a sandwich bar and soup bar and giving folks suggestions on how to make really delicious combos. I mean, a good old ham + cheese is good, but it’s no Ultimate Roast Beef Sandwich with Creamy Chimichurri Sauce.
And shouldn’t all your friends try this at least once? Sandwiches are also a super awesome option for tailgating and taking to the game with you! Sandwiches are just great. ::swoon::
Complete your meal with our recipe suggestions
More awesome sandwich recipes
- Chicken Parm Sandwiches
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Crab Salad Sandwich
- Classic Club Sandwich
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- See all our sandwich recipes!
Our favorite sandwich making tools
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it comes in fun colors!
- End grain cutting board – This is my absolute favorite cutting board and the one that I get the most compliments on. And p.s. I have a lot of cutting boards. It really is absolutely stunning, and knows how to take a beating. We use our end grain board every single day!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make the Best Roast Beef Sandwich
Roast Beef Sandwich
- Fresh deli bread thin sliced
- Muenster cheese thick sliced
- Tomatoes thick sliced
- Roast beef thick sliced
- Red onion medium sliced
- Creamy Chimichurri Sauce equal parts chimichurri sauce + mayonnaise
- optional: garlic dill pickles
- Layer in the order listed, top with a second slice of bread, and serve with a pickle. (Here's my chimichurri sauce recipe if you want to make your own!)
This article was originally developed in partnership with Mirum Shopper. All recipes and opinions belong to Mama Loves Food.