Breakfast chili is a deeply soul satisfying way to start the day and, in my opinion, the best way to enjoy leftover chili!
Often times I’m barely ready for breakfast at lunch time (I can’t eat when I first get up – it’s a thing). So chili for breakfast is my way of joining the menfolk (and Josie!) in their game day eating, with a bit of a “morning” twist.
It would also be excellent as a breakfast for dinner dish, or a game day breakfast for those on the west coast who have to watch the games at weirdly early hours! Or, hey. Here’s a novel idea – just for regular breakfast! Serve this with a crusty French baguette!
Breakfast Chili Recipe Ingredients
- Your favorite chili (allow me to introduce you to a few that I love: Chili (no beans), Wendy’s copycat chili, and Ground turkey chili).
- Eggs I love making this fried egg style so the yolk runs when I eat it, but if that’s not your jam then go ahead and make it with a scrambled egg or three!
- Optional: cheese, sour cream, scallions, cilantro, hot sauce
How do you make breakfast chili?
⭐ First, bring chili to a simmer on the stove top. If it’s too thick for your liking, add a cup of beef broth, chicken broth, or water.
⭐ Then, crack eggs into simmering chili and cover until eggs are cooked to your liking.
More chili recipes we love
- Baked Chili Dogs
- Chili Mac and Cheese
- Beef Chili
- Pot Pie Made with Chili
- Chili with Ground Turkey
- Homemade Chili Dogs
- Chili with Pumpkin
- Chicken Chili Recipe
- Make sure to check out all the types of chili we have!
More egg recipes we love
- How to hard boil eggs
- How to poach eggs
- Egg casserole for breakfast
- Classic egg salad
- Check out all our egg recipes too!
More breakfast recipes we love
- Best French toast recipe
- How to make pancakes
- Keto coffee
- How to make bacon in the oven
- Healthy breakfast casserole
- Take a look at all our easy breakfast ideas!
- Farberware 16 quart covered stock pot – You can’t beat a good heavy stock pot and this one has happily graced my kitchen for years now.
- 7 quart Crock Pot – Most soup and chili recipes can be converted back and forth from stove-top to slow cooker. This is the slow cooker we got for our wedding in 2003 and it’s still kicking butt!
- Giant soup bowls – Because why would you eat chili out of a small bowl?
- 4 cup glass measuring cup – Everyone needs a good measuring cup!
- Stainless steel measuring spoons – I have a really bad habit of melting plastic measuring spoons, so we’ve recently purchased these stainless steel ones and they’ve been great. I also love that they don’t absorb odors. I’m looking at you, curry.
How to make Breakfast Chili
- Your favorite chili
- optional: cheese sour cream, scallions, hot sauce
- Bring chili to a simmer on the stove top.
- Crack eggs into chili and cover until eggs are cooked to your liking.
This was originally a partnered campaign with Hormel® – Mama Loves Food only works with brands we love! All opinions and recipes are mine alone.