This Slow Cooker Beef Chili Recipe is simple to prepare and will make everyone happy at dinner time. We've partnered with Mirum on this post, and you'll be glad we did! Opinions are 100% my own. #WinTheCrowdWM
Slow Cooker Beef Chili is one of those hearty and delicious recipes that is perfect for nearly any occasion. Ground beef, beans, peppers, and seasonings make this a seriously winning dish. Friends over for basketball playoffs? Yes! Snowy, rainy, or sunny day? Yes! Need a quick and delicious meal at the end of a long day? Yes!!! Prepared with just six basic ingredients and spices, you'll definitely want to add this simple chili recipe to your weekly meal plan.
I am a very (very) firm believer that the slow cooker (and the electric pressure cooker) along with meals like this are the reasons my home continues to function in at least a semi-sane and scheduled manner. My older boys went to a basketball game just last night and they were able to grab a bowl of this Slow Cooker Beef Chili and eat it in the car on the way there. This weekend we'll use the leftovers to make an easy chili pie to serve when friends come over!
One of the things that makes this recipe so simple and flavorful is the addition of Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies: The authentic Mexican-style recipe – made with a signature blend of vine-ripened tomatoes and zesty green chilies and a savory mixture of secret spices. It's available at Walmart, and we always keep Ro*Tel on hand for chili, dips, soups, and so much more!
One of the great things about chili is that it's also super versatile. You can sub the beef for ground chicken, turkey, pork, or more beans. If you like it spicier, add some chipotle powder or a second can of Ro*Tel. We love our veggies so sometimes I'll toss in extra green peppers and tomatoes.
Right now, Ro*Tel and Walmart are having an awesome contest where you can vote for your chance to win a Game Day Party Pack! The Game Day Prize Pack includes a flatscreen TV, a slow cooker, a $100 gift card for collegiate basketball team gear, and a $50 Walmart gift card.
Slow Cooker Beef Chili Recipe, Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes with Chili
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (or crushed crackers)
Slow Cooker Beef Chili Recipe, Directions:
- Cook the beef in a large skillet on high heat until crumbled and browned.
- Drain most of the fat off, cook the onion in the pan until slightly browned and translucent.
- Add to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on high for four hours or on low for 6 hours. Alternatively, you could do this in the electric pressure cooker for 30 minutes.
You may also enjoy: