Chili Mac is super easy to make and a delicious dinner sure to please the whole family!
Chili Mac is a wonderful mash up of chili and macaroni and cheese. It’s easy to make and a great choice for weeknight dinners or game day food!
This Easy Chili Mac and Cheese recipe is a partnered campaign with Progresso – Mama Loves Food only works with brands we love! All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #ProgressoChili
Chili Mac Ingredients
- Elbow macaroni
- optional garnishes: hot sauce, sour cream, cheese, chives, chopped onions
Chili Mac – How to Make
- First, in a large pot, prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain and return cooked macaroni to pot.
- Next, over medium/low heat, pour in chili, and cheese. Mix well.
- Finally, continue cooking until everything is heated through and cheese is melted.
As someone with a very (very very) busy and hectic schedule, I really (really really) appreciate simple recipes. One pots, make-aheads, slow cookers – these are the foodstuffs that speak to my heart.
The inner-April says a heartfelt thank you to whoever came up with these inventions and ideas.And now that I’m done speaking in the third person (that was ridiculous, no?) let’s get on to talking about Chili Mac and Cheese. Because YASSSSSS.
This recipe is stupid easy to put together and mixes three things I just love (love love). It’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner if you’re in a rush, but also fantastic if you’re hosting a party.
I made it this past week when we had droves (no, seriously) of guests in town! My kids are hit or miss on their love for chili, but the adults enjoyed it, and hubster came home from his out of town stint just in time to gobble down a few bowls.
To make things super simple, I used a bag of Progresso Smoke House Pork & Beef Chili with Beans. It measured exactly the right amount for my recipe, and tasted great!
More like Chili Mac
Chili Mac Making Tools
- 6.5 Quart dutch oven – This enameled cast iron dutch oven can go from stove top to oven, and look beautiful doing it. Perfect for chilis, roasts, breads, and stews. Mine is yellow, what color will you choose?
- Calphalon everyday pan – This is a 12″ two handled pan that you will use pretty much every day. Which, of course is why it’s called an everyday pan. I have this one and the Le Creuset version. I use a whole lot of pots and pans in my line of work (apologies to my husband, the dishwasher!) and these are by far my most frequently used pans.
How to Make Chili Mac
- 16 ounces of elbow macaroni
- 20 ounces approximately 2 cups of your favorite chili
- 2– 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional garnishes: hot sauce sour cream, cheese, chives, chopped onions
- In a large pot, prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain and return cooked macaroni to pot.
- Over medium/low heat, pour in chili, and cheese. Mix well and continue cooking until everything is heated through and cheese is melted.