Butterscotch fudge is a simple and delicious dessert made with only two surprising ingredients. No one will guess how you did it!
Butterscotch Fudge. Kind of sounds Harry Potterish, right? I know, I know, I’m totally on a fudge kick. I won’t lie to you, there are a few more coming down the pike. P.S. I love fudge.
Butterscotch Fudge Ingredients
- Butterscotch chips – You’ll typically find these in the baking section of your market near or next to the chocolate chips.
- Buttercream frosting – White or vanilla frosting will also work if you’re unable to find buttercream frosting.
How Do You Make Butterscotch Fudge (Step-by-Step)
⭐ First, melt butterscotch chips in your microwave or on the stove top.
⭐ Then, mix in frosting and pour into a parchment lined loaf pan.
⭐ Finally , chill in the refrigerator to set.
Tips and Tricks
➡ Make sure not to scorch the butterscotch chips when melting but stirring constantly. If you’re using a microwave, never let them go for more than 15 seconds without stirring.
➡ Allowing the fudge to set in the fridge for a few hours before slicing will make it easier to get clean sharp cuts.
➡ Swiping the knife with vegetable oil will also help give you a perfectly clean cut!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you store butterscotch fudge?
After the fudge has set, it can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container. It can also be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
Can you freeze butterscotch fudge?
Fudge can be frozen for two to three months. Best practice is to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer bag, while it is still in a block (before it is cut). Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before slicing.
How long does butterscotch fudge last?
Your fudge will last 2 – 3 days at room temperature, 3 – 5 days in the refrigerator, or up to three months in the freezer. In theory. It’s never around more than a day in our house!
More Butterscotch Recipes
More Fudge Recipes
- Rubber spatula – Make sure to mix well and scrape the sides down so you don’t leave any fudgey goodness behind!
- Large Glass Measuring Cup – I love a glass measuring cup for measuring and microwaving. Less dishes!
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Butterscotch Fudge
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 can buttercream frosting
- Melt butterscotch chips in your microwave or on the stove top.
- Mix in frosting and pour into a parchment lined loaf pan. Chill in the refrigerator for 6o minutes to set.