S’mores Fudge is simple to make and tastes amazing – you’ll love this nostalgic flavor with none of the campfire hassle!
S’mores fudge is the perfect dish to bring to your potluck or barbecue! Made with only four ingredients and NO candy thermometers, it packs all the flavors of summer campfires in a casserole dish that everyone will be clamoring for!
S’mores Fudge Ingredients
Graham Crackers – We like the plain graham crackers (not cinnamon) in our family, but the best choice is whatever you love.
Chocolate Frosting – Look for milk chocolate frosting as s’mores are typically made with milk chocolate and this will give you the most authentic flavor.
Chocolate Chips – As with the frosting, you’ll want to use milk chocolate chocolate chips or chocolate morsels to achieve a traditional s’mores flavor with your fudge.
Marshmallows – I prefer the mini marshmallows for this, but the flat square ones would be super fun too!
How Do You Make S’mores Fudge
First, place a layer of graham crackers over the bottom of a broiler safe pan.
Next, combine melted chocolate chips with frosting and mix well.
Then, pour fudge mixture over graham crackers and spread evenly. Chill until fully set.
Finally, top fudge with a layer of marshmallows and place under the broiler until toasted.
Tips and Tricks
★ If you melt the chocolate chips in your microwave (my personal favorite method), do it in very short increments. No more than 10 – 15 seconds at a time, then stir in between with a spatula making sure to scrape the sides and bottom.
★ Make sure to allow the fudge time to set completely, at least several hours, before putting it under the broiler (or roasting the marshmallows with a torch).
★ When broiling the marshmallows, do NOT preheat the oven first, and make sure the dish is on the highest rack possible without touching the burner.
★ Watch closely as they will roast quickly and you want to grab them out before they warm the chocolate fudge portion!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Store S’mores Fudge Leftovers
Store your leftover s’mores fudge in a sealed container on the countertop at room temperature for 2 – 3 days, or in the refrigerator if they last longer (hahaha!).
Can You Make S’mores Fudge Ahead of Time
You can definitely make s’mores fudge ahead of time, but my suggestion is to roast the marshmallow layer immediately before serving for best flavor results.
Prepare the dish up to two days in advance and then pop it under the broiler right before you eat it!
S’mores Fudge Variations
Try mixing things up a little with your s’mores fudge by using dark chocolate for a more sophisticated flavor, or add a layer of peanut butter on the graham crackers for a Reese’s style twist.
Want some crunch – try stirring chopped nuts into the fudge, or make it gooey with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips under the marshmallow layer!
More S’mores Recipes
More Fudge Recipes
More Chocolate Recipes
- Rubber spatula – Make sure to mix well and scrape the sides down so you don’t leave any fudgey goodness behind!
- Large Glass Measuring Cup – I love a glass measuring cup for measuring and microwaving. Less dishes!
How to Make S’mores Fudge
- Graham Crackers enough to line your pan
- 1 can milk chocolate frosting
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- marshmallows enough to cover the top of your fudge
- Place a layer of graham crackers over the bottom of an 8x8" or 9x9" lined broiler safe pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove top. Combine melted chocolate chips with frosting and mix well.
- Pour fudge mixture over graham crackers and spread evenly. Chill for at least 90 minutes (you want the fudge to be cold and fully set when it goes under the broiler).
- Top fudge with a layer of marshmallows and place under the broiler (on high) until marshmallows start to brown. (Watch closely!)