Carrot Cake Cookies are such a fun and easy treat – we use a box cake mix and cream cheese frosting for a simple and delicious carrot cake cookie!
Carrot cake cookies are a spring staple! We make ours with cream cheese icing, which you can put in the middle whoopie pie style or just dollop on top. These cookies are soft cakey and perfectly addicting.
Cream cheese frosting on carrot cake cookies
We love to put cream cheese frosting on our carrot cake cookies. Traditional carrot cake is iced with cream cheese frosting, so it only makes sense to do the same for the cookie version. You can dollop the icing on top, or put it in the middle of two cookies for a carrot cake sandwich cookie or carrot cake whoopie pie!
And definitely don’t forget the colorful sprinkles. We love to use bright colors like orange and yellow, but if you’re serving the carrot cake cookies at an Easter party, pastel sprinkles would look great too.
When to serve carrot cake cookies
Carrot cake cookies are perfect so serve at an Easter party or spring get together. There’s no wrong time to serve them, but for me they definitely invoke the feeling of spring and seasons changing.
Carrot cake cookies would also make a great addition to an adult Easter basket if you were putting something together for friends or neighbors, or maybe an adult son or daughter. I know I would love getting a small basket of these with a sweet note!
More spring inspired recipes
Carrot cake cookie making tools
- Bakers half sheet – It’s cool, we only have about six of these bakers half sheets because they’re good for absolutely everything. Cookies? Yes! Steak? Yes! Cake? Oh yeh! Roasted veggies? Uhhhh huh!
- Silicone baking mats – Nothing sticks to these! Whaaaa?! Perfect for baking sugary cookies, or cheesy croissants or make some no bake cookies. You know why? Because nothing sticks to these!!!
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
How to make Carrot Cake Cookies
Carrot Cake Cookies
Carrot Cake Cookies are such a fun and easy treat - we use a box cake mix and cream cheese frosting for a simple and delicious carrot cake coo
- 1 box carrot cake mix*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for until batter forms.
- Drop tablespoon sized cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet (makes about 30), and bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.
Allow to cool completely (I like to toss mine in the freezer for a few minutes if I'm in a rush) and ice with cream cheese frosting*.
*If carrot cake mix isn’t available, sub spice cake mix +1 TBS cinnamon and ½ - 1 cup zested fresh carrot. Make sure the carrot is zested or super finely shredded (in a high powered food processor or blender) so you’re not getting chunks of crunchy carrot in your cookies.
*Here is our cream cheese frosting recipe. You may need to add extra powdered sugar to reach a good cookie icing consistency.
Calories are calculated without frosting.