Ever really want a French Dip Sandwich but don’t have a roast lying around to make the dip part? No worries, we’ve got you covered with this simple Au Jus recipe!
One of my absolute favorite sandwiches is the French Dip Sandwich (or in my house, the French Dip Crescent), but I tend to make it from roast beef lunch meat so I don’t have any pan drippings to make an easy Au Jus. So sad, right? No!!!
Because I’ve come up with a fantastically simple Au Jus recipe that requires no pan drippings! And, bonus? You can freeze it in small batches to pull out whenever you’re craving a tasty French Dip.
Easy Au Jus Ingredients:
- olive oil, just enough to saute
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (I used jarred)
- 1/8 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon flour (optional)
Easy Au Jus Directions:
- Caramelize the onions in a small amount of olive oil. Add garlic and cook for a minute or two more.
- Deglaze the pot with white wine, then add Worcestershire sauce and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add beef broth and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Strain broth and then return it to pot. Add flour and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with French Dips and ENJOY!