This Easy Chili Mac and Cheese recipe is a partnered campaign with Progresso – Mama Loves Food only works with brands we love! All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #ProgressoChili
As someone with a very (very very) busy and hectic schedule, I really (really really) appreciate simple recipes. One pots, make-aheads, slow cookers – these are the foodstuffs that speak to my heart. The inner-April says a heartfelt thank you to whoever came up with these inventions and ideas.
And now that I’m done speaking in the third person (that was ridiculous, no?) let’s get on to talking about Chili Mac and Cheese. Because YASSSSSS. This recipe is stupid easy to put together and mixes three things I just love (love love). It’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner if you’re in a rush, but also fantastic if you’re hosting a party. I made it this past week when we had droves (no, seriously) of guests in town! My kids are hit or miss on their love for chili, but the adults enjoyed it, and hubster came home from his out of town stint just in time to gobble down a few bowls.
Easy Chili Mac and Cheese, Ingredients:
- 16 ounces of elbow macaroni
- 20 ounces (approximately 2 cups) of your favorite chili
- 2 – 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional garnishes: hot sauce, sour cream, cheese, chives, chopped onions
Easy Chili Mac and Cheese, Directions:
- In a large pot, prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain and return cooked macaroni to pot.
- Over medium/low heat, pour in chili, and cheese. Mix well and continue cooking until everything is heated through and cheese is melted.
To make things super simple, I used a bag of Progresso Smoke House Pork & Beef Chili with Beans. It measured exactly the right amount for my recipe, and tasted great!
Progresso Chili is available nationally in the soup aisle (I found it all the way at the top!) and has a suggested retail price of $4.49 per pouch. You can find more information on the entire line of Progresso products, as well as new game day-ready recipes, COUPONS, and serving ideas at Progresso’s Game Day Page HERE.