Lemon Garlic Steamed Mussels are the perfect easy recipe for your next date night!
|We dragged a tripod to the yard and did family pictures this weekend. Afterward I let the kids take turns with my fancy camera. Love these shots of Wesley and me!|
|p.s. I really love these faces.|
|These ones too. Haha!|
Lemon Garlic Steamed Mussels, Ingredients:
- 5 pounds mussels
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- the juice of one lemon, medium sized
- salt and pepper, to taste
Lemon Garlic Steamed Mussels, Directions:
- Rinse and inspect mussels individually, discarding any that are open or have cracked shells. Remove the beard (short pieces of “hair” sticking out of the shell) if necessary. (Just give it a good tug and wiggle).
- Set mussels aside and in a large pan or pot, on the stove top bring butter, garlic, and onion powder to a gentle simmer until garlic becomes fragrant. Add chicken stock and lemon juice, then bring back to a simmer.
- Pour butter and stock mix into a heat proof container and bring the now empty pan up to high heat.
- Add mussels to the very hot pan, pour butter and stock mix over mussels and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 – 7 minutes (stirring or giving the pan a shake occasionally) until mussels have opened.
- Enjoy! Preferably with some no knead beer bread or crunchy french bread!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.