Cauliflower casserole loaded with cheese, bacon, sour cream and delicious seasonings is a winner winner in our house every single time!
Since originally writing this Cauliflower Casserole recipe in 2012, my kids (and husband!) have grown much more fond of cauliflower. We now eat it roasted, riced, in soups – and of course we still love it loaded. Let me tell you, this is a great testament to the fact that it really does work to keep serving foods that aren’t well received the first time.
Although, I have a feeling my husband will never concede on Brussels sprouts. Which is fine. More for me! (Update 2019: HE NOW LOVES ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!!)
Cauliflower Casserole Ingredients
- Sour cream
- Butter, softened
- Ranch dressing packet, 2.0 ounces
- Bacon bits, we like to make our bacon in the oven ahead of time and keep it in the freezer for quick recipes.
- Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Cauliflower, chopped into florets (we like to use frozen/thawed so it comes together quickly!)
- Optional, cooked chicken breast, additional cheese for topping at the end
How do you make a loaded cauliflower casserole?
⭐ First, in a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream butter, ranch mix, bacon bits, cheese, and cauliflower florets. Mix well.
⭐ Next, put cauliflower mixture into a casserole dish and bake covered at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes (check cauliflower for doneness with a fork).
⭐ Finally, if you want, uncover dish and sprinkle additional cheese over top. Place under broiler for about a minute (watching closely!) to melt.
Finish this meal with our serving suggestions!
You could totally add some baked chicken breast or leftover crock pot ham and make this casserole a full meal on its own, OR try serving it alongside our crispy chicken thighs followed by easy nutella cookies!
❤ If you love casseroles, definitely check out all our casserole recipes! ❤
More Cauliflower Recipes
See all our cauliflower recipe ideas!
Tools we love
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- 30 Quart Large Mixing Bowl
- CorningWare French White 7-Piece Bake and Serve Set
- 4-Piece Stainless Steel Hostess Serving Set
- “Who Ordered the Veggie Burger with Bacon?” Apron
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Cauliflower Casserole
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix 2.0 ounces
- 1/3 cup bacon bits here's how I make mine ahead of time, then store it in the freezer!
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 ounces frozen cauliflower thawed
- 3 cooked chicken breasts chopped
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese for topping at the end
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients in the order listed above, making sure to mix well before adding the next item.
- Put cauliflower mixture into a casserole dish and bake covered at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes (check cauliflower for doneness with a fork). Optional: after baking, uncover dish and sprinkle additional cheese over top. Place under broiler for about a minute (watching closely!) to melt.
This post was originally sponsored by The Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®.