This ‘Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Granola’ recipe and article was developed for Collective Bias and Healthy Living Made Simple Magazine. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #SamsClubMag #CollectiveBias
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Granola, Ingredients:
- 18 ounce container quick cooking 1 minute oats (approximately 7 cups)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
- olive oil
Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Granola, Directions:
- Combine applesauce, peanut butter, and honey in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fully blended.
- Pour over oats and stir until the oats are all moistened.
- Place mixture on a lightly oiled baking sheet, spread evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes, stirring/tossing every 10 minutes, until granola is becoming nicely browned.
- Remove from oven, toss the chocolate chips over top and give it a quick, gentle stir. Salt lightly, to taste.
- Set aside and allow to cool (this is when it will get crunchy). Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy as-is or in a big bowl with milk!
- According to a 2011 study published in the U.S. National Library of Medicine, oat beta-glucan, a dietary fiber found in oats, has cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Oat consumption is associated with a 7 percent reduction in total “bad” cholesterol levels.
- It’s also been shown that a diet containing oats can improve blood pressure control, and an increase in oats may significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- In addition, a study done by the University Hospital Mannheim found that Type 2 diabetes patients who were given oatmeal as part of their diet achieved a 40 percent reduction in insulin dosage.
You can find all this information and more in the Healthy Living Made Simple Magazine, available at Sam’s Club!