This Apple Butter was one of the first recipes I posted on my site in 2008 (when I only had two kids!). I perfected it for a few years and came back with the recipe you see here in 2011 (when I only had three and a half kids!). I'm happy to say that I stand by the recipe in it's current form and we enjoy it so much every fall. I keep saying I'm going to try it with no sugar at all (I mean, apples are naturally sweet, right?) but always chicken out because I love this recipe so much as it is. My favorite thing to make with the finished apple butter is Apple Butter Swirled Pancakes. I hope you'll give them a try!
[original text] I've been making Slow Cooker Crock Pot Apple Butter for a few years now, and I think I've finally found perfection. This recipe is so simple and delicious, no one will believe you when you tell them it only takes three ingredients! So let's give a warm welcome to cool Autumn - grab a biscuit, some hot cider, and join me for a jar of this fantastic apple butter.
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Apple Butter Ingredients:
- 15 medium/large Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced into wedges
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Apple Butter Directions:
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and place in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, then low for an additional 6 to 8 hours. Remove the lid and stir during the last hour of cooking to thicken.
- Blend with an immersion blender or in your upright blender to make smooth and buttery (be careful, it will be scalding hot!).
- Serve warm with biscuits, pancakes, over vanilla ice cream, or just with a spoon!
yields about 72 ounces
original post date 10/03/11