Since originally writing this Loaded Cauliflower recipe in 2012, my kids (and husband!) have grown much more fond of cauliflower. We now eat it roasted, riced, in curries, soups, and of course we still love it loaded. Let me tell you, this is a great testament to the fact that it really does work to keep serving foods that aren't well received the first time. Although, I have a feeling my husband will never concede on Brussels sprouts. Which is fine. More for me!
[original text] For as long as I can remember, we've been adding flavor to our food with ranch dressing. From salads, to raw veggies, to chicken and pot roast, ranch dressing just kicks it up a notch. My brother even puts it on his pizza! When my three year old has carrot sticks he always wants to know, "But, Moooooooom, where's my white dip???" So, when I was asked to post about Hidden Valley Ranch? Um, YES.
Also, I kept in the tradition of making otherwise unpalatable foods delicious by creating this awesome Loaded Cauliflower Casserole. Sorry, cauliflower, the kids and hubster just don't care for you. Except like this. Make it as a side item, or throw some chicken in for a great one dish meal!
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole, Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix, 2.0 ounces
- 1/3 cup bacon bits (here's how I make mine ahead of time, then store it in the freezer!)
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 ounces frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese for topping at the end
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole, Directions:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients in the order listed above, making sure to mix well before adding the next item.
- Put cauliflower mixture into a casserole dish and bake covered at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes (check cauliflower for doneness with a fork). Optional: after baking, uncover dish and sprinkle additional cheese over top. Place under broiler for about a minute (watching closely!) to melt.
Shop for items used or inspired by this recipe!
The Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®, dressings and dips provided Mama Loves Food with compensation for time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone.