This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla®. All opinions are 100% mine.
I cannot get enough of all things lemon! Seriously, it's so bright and delicious and makes me think of all the fun outdoor activities we'll be enjoying this Spring and Summer. Which, by the way - HAPPY SPRING - yay!!! We are having the most amazing weather today. I know it will be shockingly hot soon enough (like Wednesday, uhg), but right now it's 70 and breezy and I'm in weather heaven. I've called a temporary Spring Break hiatus on school and kicked the kids into the yard for the day.
This Lemon Dijon Bacon Pasta Salad recipe is light and refreshing, perfect for a warm afternoon lunch, a family picnic, or the perfect dish to bring to your next potluck. It's ridiculously easy to put together and I'm betting you have most if not all the ingredients sitting in your kitchen right now!
It's even pretty just sitting in the bowl! Look at all those spring colors! You could totally serve this at Easter and be the mealtime hero! I love this sauce as a dressing for all sorts of things, not just pasta salad - regular salad, a chicken marinade, on zucchini noodles. It's really versatile.
Here's a fun tip - when you buy a bunch of green onions at the market, stick the bottoms in a glass of water in your windowsill and it will regrow for months! When the new growth starts losing color, it's time to buy a new bunch. I always have some growing in my kitchen along with a small basil plant. It's gardening that even I can't screw up - and that's saying something!
Lemon Dijon Pasta Salad, Ingredients:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, prepared and cooled (I used Barrila® elbow pasta)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup stone ground dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
- 2 strips thick cut bacon, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 4 tablespoons green onion, chopped
Lemon Dijon Pasta Salad, Directions:
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, lemon juice, and garlic salt together.
- Pour over macaroni and stir until everything is coated.
- Add tomatoes, bacon, and green onion. Toss to incorporate.
We used Barilla elbows for our pasta salad. Right now Sam’s Club is now offering a Barilla® Pasta Variety Pack with SEVEN one pound boxes of pasta. The pack includes Farfalle, Elbows and Rotini. You can have pasta every day of the week!
Find more information and specials by visiting Samsclub.com!
If you love pasta, make sure to check out our other awesome recipes!
- Chicken Pasta Puttanesca Soup
- Easy Chili Mac and Cheese
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Curried Mac and Cheese