This One Pot Mexican Skillet Bake - Beef and Cheese Cobbler recipe is the perfect easy clean up meal for your busy nights. This post is partnered with Taste of Home and Blog Meets Brand. All opinions belong to Mama Loves Food. #100FamilyMeals
Is there anything more glorious than a dish that creates virtually no clean up? Why yes, yes there is. A recipe that makes no mess AND tastes delicious. So, hey folks. Guess what I've got for you today - this incredibly delicious One Pot Mexican Skillet Bake recipe from the Taste of Home 100 Family Meals cookbook. It's super simple to make, uses one pot and one bowl, and wow. Wow, wow, wow, delicious. Savory cheese biscuits over hearty beef and beans - my husband LOVED this one and told me to definitely not give any to the neighbors! Hah!
Have you made any New Year's resolutions? We didn't make resolutions so much as goals - and one of those being more family meals around the table. I'm pleased to say that two weeks in, we've been achieving our bench-mark of at least two meals at the table per week. Exceeding it, in fact! It's easy to brush off dinner around the table when you're busy and stressed, but every time we do it I'm glad we did. It's kind of like hitting the gym - you're never sorry after it's over.
The Taste of Home 100 Family Meals cookbook aims to inspire home cooks to share meals together with family and they've made it easy to do that twice a week for the entire year. When you have the right resources, whipping up a delicious meal can be easy to do.
Get your copy of the book here --> The Taste of Home 100 Family Meals Cookbook
This recipe was totally convenient because not only did it make very little mess (and taste delicious), but I only had to add two things to my shopping list: ground beef and fresh cilantro. Everything else was stocked in the pantry and ready to go. So, this One Pot Mexican Skillet Bake - Beef and Cheese Cobbler recipe is perfect if you're doing a pantry clean-out challenge!
The Taste of Home 100 Family Meals Cookbook is full of delicious recipes just like this - pantry busters, not budget busters. And things that taste good without a whole bunch of muss and fuss. Because let's be real - I'm busy, you're busy - we're all so busy but that doesn't mean we want to sacrifive family time and
From Taste of Home:
Taste of Home, the leading food, cooking and entertaining media brand, wants to help families savor the benefits of eating together with its new cookbook, Taste of Home 100 Family Meals, on sale December 27 wherever books are sold.
Studies* have shown that kids who have meals with their families frequently have healthier diets and do better in school. Research also reveals that adults with demanding jobs feel less stress when they eat with their families. Taste of Home seeks to bring families together for a happier and healthier new year by creating a one-stop-shop cookbook where home cooks can easily find meals for the family to eat together.
Taste of Home editors have challenged home cooks to bring their families together twice a week over a home-cooked meal and share their stories and images on social media using the hashtag #100FamilyMeals. Built on Taste of Home’s user-generated content model, the editors have curated recipes, menus and time-saving tips from thousands of contributors to bring home cooks 100 Family Meals. They were tested in the Taste of Home Test Kitchen where the team of cooks with professional culinary backgrounds and specialties ranging from pastry to food science test thousands of recipes a year.
One Pot Mexican Skillet Bake - Beef and Cheese Cobbler, Ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed/drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes with mild green chilis
- 1 can (10 ounce) enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 4 bacon strips, cooked/crumbled
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- optional: sour cream
One Pot Mexican Skillet Bake - Beef and Cheese Cobbler, Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 10 inch oven proof skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 5 - 7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in beans, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- In a bowl, combine the baking mix, 1/2 cup cheese, bacon, and remaining cilantro. Add milk and beaten egg; stir just until a soft dough forms (it may be on the wet side). Spoon over beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 13 - 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle remaining cheese; bake 2 - 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings. Per serving: 373 cal, 18g fat, 83mg chol, 949mg sodium, 30g carb, 23g protein.
You May Also Enjoy: