Our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is simple to make and results in the most moist delicious easy bread you could hope for. Make a few batches and store them in the freezer for later – this recipe is my family’s favorite!
Love this? Pin it to your BREAD BOARD for later!
Follow Mama Loves Food on Pinterest for more easy recipes!
If you watch our live show on Facebook (you are watching our live show, right?), you know that I recently attended a week long work retreat in Orlando. Our rooms at the retreat had mini kitchens, so as the only local attendee, I went shopping for everyone and supplied each room with snacks. One of those snacks was bananas. And I may have gone a bit overboard. As a result, at the end of the retreat, everyone brought me their leftover bananas. So, what do you do with a dozen over-ripe bananas? You make a metric ton of banana bread, that’s what! Banana bread with chocolate chips in this case!
Banana bread is so easy to make and I love that it tastes like you’re eating cake but with a little bit less of the guilt. I know some folks make banana bread with sour cream, but this recipe is delicious without sour cream. The trick is waiting until your bananas are super duper really really ripe. This insures they will be very sweet and the banana bread will come out super moist. Our standard recipe uses three bananas, but if you wanted super dense banana bread, you could even add one more.
We actually ran out of chocolate chips (oops), so I grabbed some Ghirardelli dark chocolate and chopped it up. Turns out I love the look of chopped chocolate – I think it makes a rustic style banana bread. Like something you might get at a trendy shop in Soho or at a cute AirBnB. I like to make sure and sprinkle some of whatever is inside my bread over the top too, so it’s easy to tell what’s what. Especially if you’re making several variations in one cooking session.
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for all your banana bread needs!
- Pyrex Basics 1.5 Quart Clear Glass Loaf Dish with Lid
- Pam Spray for Baking (this is especially for baking! And works!)
- Baker’s SecretCooling Rack, Set of 2
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Bittersweet Baking Chips
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe, Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, gently packed
- 2 eggs
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 – 1 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe, Directions:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, bananas, salt, vanilla, baking soda, and cinnamon. Blend well.
- Gently stir in flour, then chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees on the center rack for about 60 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness.
You may also enjoy!