Breakfast pizza is about to be your new favorite reason to get up in the morning! Made with scrambled eggs, salsa, cheese and more, it’s delicious!
Breakfast pizza is the best! You’ll never have to ask me twice if I want pizza for breakfast, but make it with delicious wholesome ingredients that will fill you full of good stuff for the day? Heck yes! Breakfast Pizza for the WIN!
This Breakfast Pizza full of protein and veggies is the perfect solution to your breakfast woes. Or lunch. Or dinner. Hah! Try it with a swirl of cilantro garlic sauce!
Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
- Eggs – Medium or large eggs
- Milk – We use whole milk, but any percentage will work.
- Pizza crust – Prepared (try our pizza crust recipe!)
- Salsa – Fresh salsa, roasted salsa, or store bought is good.
- Shredded cheese – I’m partial to Mexican blend or Fiesta blend
- Optional: fresh cilantro, salt and pepper to taste
How do you make breakfast pizza?
⭐ First, whisk together eggs and milk, add salt and pepper to taste.
⭐ Next, make scrambled eggs in a skillet, being careful not to overcook. Break eggs up into small pieces.
⭐ Then, spread a layer of salsa over the pizza crust, then layer eggs over top, finish with a layer of cheese.
⭐ Finally, bake on middle rack of oven at 425 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly to perfection. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, and enjoy!
It’s back to school season hereabouts and even though we homeschool year round, something about the middle of August is when life starts firing on all cylinders. Clubs are back in session, sports in the evenings, and of course the day starts actually getting shorter (what the heck, nature?).
In light of all this, I’m always looking for a way to make meals easier. Especially breakfast. P.S. I am not a morning person.
We love making breakfast sandwiches ahead and popping them in the freezer, or big batches of sweet potato sausage hash, but today I felt like doing something a little different. We love pizza, we love eggs, we love salsa.
Oh my goodness, Huevos Rancheros Pizza with scrambled eggs it is then! We added some milk to our eggs to make them rich and fluffy, and used a yummy restaurant style salsa instead of traditional red sauce.
A little milk, salt, and pepper in your scrambled eggs brings them to the next level! If you’re like me and occasionally (okay, more than occasionally) forget to grab milk – then you can use shelf stable milk like we do!
It’s perfect for when you’re out of milk in the fridge, and also for school lunches or on the go. We always bring them on road trips too!
It’s easy to adjust the heat level to your family’s tastes – I like to use a medium heat salsa that’s well blended so it spreads like sauce. We pile it thick on so every bite of pizza is full of veggies.
If you’re making this for a crowd that includes picky eaters, serve with hot sauce or extra salsa on the side!
We used Mexican blend cheese in this recipe! Fresh cilantro adds a beautiful finishing touch in both color and flavor.
Want to add even more? How about some sweet peppers, mushrooms, sliced onion, olives, or fresh tomato! I’m serving to kids, so we hid the veggies under the cheese (stealth mom move!), but if I was preparing it for adults, we’d pile on alllll the vegetables!
One of my favorite parts of this recipe is that it can be made ahead so breakfast is that much easier. Prepare a couple pizzas at the beginning of the week, slice them up and toss them in the fridge.
Grab what you want in the morning and warm the slices up in the toaster oven or microwave. You could even freeze the slices if you won’t use them right away.
Complete this meal with our serving suggestions
More Breakfast Recipes We Love
More ideas for what to make for breakfast!
More Pizza Recipes We Love
See all our pizza recipes!
- Pizza pan – I have this set of two and love it. Works great and we usually double recipes so it’s nice not to have to wait for the first one to finish baking.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls – Classic, basic, mixing bowls that everyone should have in your kitchen. You’ve seen me use them on the cooking show at least seventy bajillion time. Ish.
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk we used Horizon® shelf stable milk
- prepared pizza crust
- 1 - 2 cups restaurant style or well blended salsa
- 1 - 2 cups shredded cheese Mexican blend (we used Horizon® brand)
- optional: fresh cilantro salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together eggs and milk, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make scrambled eggs in a skillet, being careful not to overcook. Break eggs up into small pieces.
- Spread a layer of salsa over the pizza crust, then layer eggs over top, finish with a layer of cheese.
- Bake on middle rack of oven at 425 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly to perfection.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, and enjoy!
This Breakfast Pizza was originally a collaborative work with Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Horizon® Organic Shredded Cheese: Make any dish better with a sprinkle of organic goodness! Shredded Cheddar, Mexican Blend, Monterey Jack and Mozzarella. Great for pizzas, pastas, omelets and more. Available in 6-ounce bags.
Horizon® Organic Aseptic/Shelf Stable Milk: Great for lunchboxes, snacks, travel and more, Horizon® Organic shelf-stable milk boxes are a perfect alternative to juice boxes. Keep the goodness of Horizon® Organic milk on hand in the pantry.
Special packaging locks in the delicious taste without refrigeration. Just chill to enjoy, or use in your daily cooking, baking or smoothie-making. We grabbed ours along with a half gallon of whole milk at the local Walmart!