Cheeseburger quesadilla made with flour tortillas, ground beef, cheese, and your favorite burger condiments is the perfect dinner idea!
This easy cheeseburger quesadilla recipe is a great appetizer or meal option. Perfect for dinner or game day! Try it alongside other easy recipes like cherry fluff, air fryer cauliflower, and no bake monster cookie bars.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Why you’ll love this cheeseburger quesadilla recipe!
📌 All the delicious flavor of a cheeseburger in a crispy tortilla.
📌 Easy to make with no grill necessary.
📌 Simple to adjust to personal tastes.
Cheeseburger Quesadilla Ingredients
- Ground beef – Lean ground beef.
- Seasonings – Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, black pepper.
- Tortillas – Flour tortillas.
- Cheese – Shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese).
- Condiments – Ketchup, mustard, dill pickle slices.
How do you make a cheeseburger quesadilla? (step-by-step directions)
⭐ First, brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain. Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and black pepper and cook another minute or two longer. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
⭐ Next, wash and dry your skillet and return it to the stovetop. Place one large tortilla inside. On half of the tortilla, sprinkle some cheddar cheese, then spoon a generous portion of ground beef on top. Drizzle with ketchup and mustard, place a few pickles and then sprinkle with a little bit more cheddar cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over to cover.
⭐ Then, cook the quesadilla over medium low heat for two to three minutes, until cheese has melted and tortilla is browned and crispy. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and continue to cook.
⭐ Finally, repeat with the remaining tortillas. Cut each quesadilla into thirds or fourths and serve.
Scroll down to the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this article for ingredient measurements and detailed cooking instructions.
What meat for a hamburger quesadilla with cheese?
Ground beef is what we used and what will give you the most authentic cheeseburger flavor, but you can absolutely use any type of ground meat.
Other great options are ground sausage, ground chicken, ground pork, and ground turkey.
What kind of tortillas for cheeseburger quesadillas?
We like flour tortillas as it will gives the closest flavor profile to a traditional burger bun (also made with flour), but you can definitely use corn tortillas if you prefer.
What can you add to a cheeseburger quesadilla recipe?
This recipe calls for spices, cheese, ketchup, mustard, and pickles. Other great additions are pickled jalapenos, diced onion, sliced tomato, shredded lettuce and bbq sauce.
Storage and leftovers
How long do cheeseburger quesadillas last?
Leftovers will keep for 3 – 4 days in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container for best results.
Can you freeze cheeseburger quesadillas?
Yes, leftovers can be frozen or you can make an extra large batch and freeze some for later. Store in a freezer safe airtight container for up to 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in a skillet, in the microwave, or using an air fryer.
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
✅ Add your favorite mix-ins like cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickled jalapenos, diced onion, sliced tomato, shredded lettuce.
✅ Serve with a yummy dipping sauce like bang bang sauce, bbq sauce, yum yum sauce, blue cheese dip, or ranch dressing.
✅ Swap out the ground beef for a healthier alternative like ground chicken or ground turkey.
✅ Make a double or triple batch and freeze some for an easy meal later.
What to eat with cheeseburger quesadillas (serving suggestions)
This recipe is great with instant pot corn on the cob and a big bowl of fruit salad. To drink enjoy a classic coke float or Shirley Temples for the kids and Dirty Shirleys for the adults.
More delicious ground beef recipes
- Big mac meatloaf
- Stuffed pepper casserole
- Sheet pan meatloaf
- Mexican cornbread casserole
- Beef stroganoff sloppy joes
- See all our easy ground beef recipes!
Other awesome recipes with tortillas
Tools we love
- Cast iron pan – I love to make quesadillas in our cast iron pans!
- Digital air fryer – We have (pictured) this Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer. It’s great for cooking and also heating up leftovers!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- 1 pound ground beef
- butter or oil for cooking
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 - 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or shredded cheese of choice
- ketchup, mustard, dill pickle slices to taste
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain. Add the worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and black pepper and cook another minute or two longer. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Wash and dry your skillet and return it to the stovetop. Heat butter or oil over medium heat, then place one large tortilla inside.
- On half of the tortilla, sprinkle some cheddar cheese, then spoon a generous portion of ground beef on top. Drizzle with ketchup and mustard, place a few pickles and then sprinkle with a little bit more cheddar cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over to cover.
- Add more butter or oil as needed. Cook the quesadilla over medium low heat for two to three minutes, until cheese has melted and tortilla is browned and crispy. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Cut each quesadilla into thirds or fourths and serve.
⭐Save This Recipe⭐ Send it to your email!
I consent to receive email from this site 💌
Click the button above to save this recipe!
this is one of my most favorite meals to make and I cannot thank you enough for sharing this recipe
My son has been loving these for his school lunches. I use whatever cheese I have on hand.
This was such a great idea and the whole family loved it, especially my husband and son.