These Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies were one of the first popular recipes on Mama Loves Food – make them for your next cookie exchange!
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies are the best part of breakfast and dessert all in one. When I made these originally, my brother told me I ruined him for life. And while I think possibly he was being a touch dramatic. They really are that good.
Cinnamon, butter, and sugar in a chewy sugar cookie. Mmmmm, yes.
Make sure you get plenty of yummy cinnamon and sugar on your cookies – just like breakfast cinnamon rolls, we want these cinnamon roll cookies to be over the top with flavor and deliciousness. Definitely eat them with friends.
Everyone knows calories don’t count when you’re with friends.
The thicker you go, the longer you should freeze though, otherwise they may spread too much. Baking on a silicone mat will keep the cookies from sticking – important since the filling has sugar which P.S. is super sticky.
Would you eat these Cinnamon Roll Cookies for breakfast or dessert? Maybe lunch?
How would you make your Cinnamon Roll Cookies? Thick or thin? I like to drench mine in icing, because icing is so good. So. Very. Good.
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies Recipe, Ingredients:
- Cookie Ingredients:
- Icing ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon milk or cream
- 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies Recipe, Directions:
- Cookie Instructions:
- Roll out sugar cookie dough into a large rectangle (flour your rolling surface to avoid stickage!)
- Lather with melted butter
- Sprinkle liberally with a layer of cinnamon
- Sprinkle liberally with a layer of brown sugar
- Roll up and wrap in foil or plastic wrap
- Chill for two hours (or place in freezer for 30 minutes)
- Slice cookies off roll and bake according to sugar cookie directions. (I found thin slices worked best).
- Drizzle with glaze & enjoy!
- Glaze Instructions:
- Mix liquid ingredients.
- Very slowly drizzle butter/milk mix into confectioner’s sugar, stirring constantly until you get desired consistency
Love this? Pin it to your COOKIES BOARD for later!
Follow Mama Loves Food on Pinterest for more easy recipes!You may also enjoy:7.5.2010