This Slow Cooker Crock Pot Apple Butter the easiest apple butter recipe you’ll ever make. Also the most delicious apple butter recipe. And you don’t have to wait until Fall, get you some now!
Our Slow Cooker Crock Pot Apple Butter was one of the first recipes I posted on my site in 2008 (when I only had two kids!). I perfected it for a few years and came back with the recipe you see here in 2011 (when I only had three and a half kids!).
I’m happy to say that I stand by the recipe in it’s current form and we enjoy it so much every fall.
I keep saying I’m going to try it with no sugar at all (I mean, apples are naturally sweet, right?) but always chicken out because I love this recipe so much as it is.
UPDATE! We made it without sugar, and it’s STILL delicious!!! See the video below to watch us make it LIVE in the pressure cooker!
If you love all things apple and apple cider, you’ll definitely want to check out these other apple recipes from Mama Loves Food!
- Apple Butter Swirled Pancakes – Like a cinnamon roll swirl, but with a yummy apple twist!
- Apple and Onion Roast Pork Chops – Pork and apples go together like bread and butter. This roast pork chops recipe is only a few simple ingredients but it will impress the whole family.
- Apple Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad – Crisp sweet apples are the perfect way to brighten up a salad!
- Apple and Onion Sausage Stuffing Recipe – A Thanksgiving tradition in our home, and my husband’s favorite part of the whole meal!
- Apple Cinnamon (Un)oatmeal – Ever wanted oatmeal without the oats? This Apple Cinnamon Unoatmeal combines fruits and nuts to make a super yummy, wholesome, and filling oatmeal substitute!
- Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Apple Crescents – These can be served as an appetizer, dessert, or midday snack. No judgment here. Just fair warning that it’s basically impossible to eat just one.
My favorite thing to make with the finished apple butter is Apple Butter Swirled Pancakes. I hope you’ll give them a try! The apple butter is also amazing on pork chops. I know, sounds a little weird, but try it and tell me what you think I bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Check out these handy dandy Amazon affiliate links for tools that will make apple butter a breeze!
- 7 Quart Crock Pot – This basic slow workhorse of a cooker has seen me through 14 years of marriage and 5 kids. She’s still trucking and I still love her.
- Heavy Duty Apple Peeler – Full confession, I have a dinky little hand held vegetable peeler. It’s fine until you’re peeling 30 apples and cursing the heavens. Every. single. year. I say never again. So, this year I’m getting this gorgeous heavy duty apple peeler. And at such a reasonable price point, I’m kicking myself for not having made the leap sooner!
- Wide Mouth Pint and Half Jars – These are my absolute favorite mason jars ever. They’re a little bigger than your average mason jar, they have a wide mouth, and they’re tall. They make gorgeous drinking cups too. Might I suggest a margarita?
- Ball Wide-Mouth Plastic Storage Caps – I’m not a true canner, so these plastic mason jar lids are my go-to. So much easier to get on and off than the metal rings and *bonus* it’s only one piece. Yay!
This recipe is so simple and delicious, no one will believe you when you tell them it only takes three ingredients! So let’s give a warm welcome to cool Autumn – grab a biscuit, some hot cider, and join me for a jar of this fantastic apple butter.
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Apple Butter
- 15 medium/large Red Delicious apples peeled, cored and sliced into wedges
- 2 cups sugar optional!
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and place in crock pot.
Cook on high for 2 hours, then low for an additional 6 to 8 hours. Remove the lid and stir during the last hour of cooking to thicken.
Blend with an immersion blender or in your upright blender to make smooth and buttery (be careful, it will be scalding hot!).
Serve warm with biscuits, pancakes, over vanilla ice cream, or just with a spoon!
yields about 72 ounces
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Apple Butter Ingredients:
- 15 medium/large Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced into wedges
- 2 cups sugar (optional!)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
Slow Cooker Crock Pot Apple Butter Directions:
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and place in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, then low for an additional 6 to 8 hours. Remove the lid and stir during the last hour of cooking to thicken.
- Blend with an immersion blender or in your upright blender to make smooth and buttery (be careful, it will be scalding hot!).
- Serve warm with biscuits, pancakes, over vanilla ice cream, or just with a spoon!
original post date 2008, updated 10/03/11