White cake mix cookies with vanilla icing glaze are the perfect afternoon snack recipe!
These white cake mix cookies make the perfect afternoon-hide-in-your-closet-away-from-the-kids-with-a-piping-mug-of-tea snack. For reals. What, you don’t do that? (p.s. you should.)
White Cake Mix Cookies
White Cake Cake Mix Cookies Ingredients
- Cookies – White cake cake mix, eggs, oil (I prefer a mild olive oil)
- Glaze – Confectioners sugar, pure vanilla extract, heavy cream (or milk)
How do you make white cake mix cookies with vanilla glaze ? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until all ingredients are incorporated and batter forms.
⭐ Then, drop tablespoon sized cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet (makes about 30), and bake at until cookies are browning slightly at the edges.
⭐ Next, while cookies are baking, place powdered sugar and vanilla into a small bowl, stir together and then slowly add heavy cream until desired thickness is reached.
⭐ Finally, allow cookies to cool, then drizzle with glaze and allow to set.
Scroll down to printable recipe card for full detailed ingredients and directions.
Why make cookies with cake mix?
The thing about cake mix cookies, is they’re the perfect cross between cake and cookie. I know it sounds obvious, but I just adore that they’re more dense than cake, but still lighter than your average cookie. Also. So, easy to make. (Soooooo easy.) We often grab boxes of cake mix when they go on sale two for one (hello BOGO!) at our local market, then make a giant batch to stash in the freezer.
Any flavor cake mix will work for these cookies (whoop whoop, German chocolate love), but my personal favorite is the white cake. But why you ask? Or more likely – whyyyyyyyyy? Well, because it goes with everything! I can add a flavored icing, or top it with pie filling, or whisk in some food coloring for themed cookies. It’s just really versatile, and you know how I like versatility! (And if you didn’t, well now you do!).
Cookies in a muffin tin
I usually make drop cookies with cake mix (see! so easy!), but my new mini mini (yes, there’s a mini and then a mini mini) bundt pan was calling out to me. So we made a tray of them and I couldn’t have been more pleased. The mini mini pans, whether it be bundt, donut, or something else – tend to be a little bit difficult to use because they’re so small and cake likes to crumble when you take it out. But these cake mix cookies popped out with no difficulty whatsoever!
Glaze for cake mix cookies
These precious cookie cakes (see what I did there?!) are topped with a really simple confectioners sugar glaze that we flavored with vanilla extract. If you wanted to get creative though, you could use almond, lemon, or whatever extract flavoring you prefer. Just be sure to add the flavor slowly a few drops at a time and taste as you go!
Can you make cake mix cookies ahead of time?
Absolutely! They can be made a few days ahead of time, or if you want to make them longer, stash your cookies in the freezer.
Is it okay if my dough is sticky?
Cake mix cookie dough tends to be on the sticky side, this it totally normal.
What brand of cake mix for white cake mix cookies?
Any brand of mix will work. Don’t worry if the boxes are slightly different sizes, this recipe is very forgiving!
Storage and leftovers
What’s the best way to store cake mix cookies?
The cookies should be stored in an air tight container and can remain at room temperature for about three days. Longer than that and you’ll want to store your chocolate cake mix cookies in the refrigerator or freezer.
Can you white cake mix cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies. Allow them to cool completely, then store in an air tight, freezer safe container. Cookies can remain in the freezer for several months, after which time you run the risk of freezer burn and they will begin to deteriorate in texture and flavor.
To thaw, allow the cookies to come to room temperature and then enjoy! Note: we find it best to glaze after they’ve been thawed (not before freezing).
More awesome cake mix cookies
Tools we love
- Bakers half sheet – It’s cool, we only have about six of these bakers half sheets because they’re good for absolutely everything!
- Silicone baking mats – Nothing sticks to these! Whaaaa?! Like magic.
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make White Cake Mix Cookies
White Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box white cake cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil I prefer a mild olive oil
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- up to 2 teaspoons heavy cream or milk
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until all ingredients are incorporated and batter forms.
- Drop tablespoon sized cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet (makes about 30), and bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes. (Or of course you could use a super cute mini mini bundt pan!).
- While cookies are baking, place powdered sugar and vanilla into a small bowl, stir together and then slowly add heavy cream until desired thickness is reached.
- Allow cookies to cool, then drizzle with glaze and allow to set.
Other cookies you might love:
This post was partnered with Starbucks as part of an Influencer Activation. I received compensation and complimentary products to facilitate my review. All recipes and opinions are my own. #sweetmeetsspicy