Apple and Onion Roast Pork Chops are a simple and delicious dinner solution and great addition to this week's recipe meal plan!
These Apple and Onion Roast Pork Chops were inspired by the pork chops with applesauce my mom made when we were kids. It was a fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants experiment that went so very very well. And I'll say this. You know you have good friends when they come over for dinner and will tolerate your impromptu recipe experiments and gladly wait until after you snap a few pictures before digging in!
Shop this recipe with our Amazon affiliate links!
- Cuisinart Chef's Roasting Pan
- Lodge 15 Inch Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
Apple and Onion Roast Pork Chops, Ingredients:
- 6 - 9 pork chops, thick cut
- 2 cups soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thin sliced
- 2 - 3 apples, thin sliced
Apple and Onion Roast Pork Chops, Directions:
- Pour soy sauce into a large bowl and dip each pork chop, wetting all sides.
- Optional: Quick sear pork chops on a hot skillet.
- Place apples and onions in a roasting pan and place pork chops on top. Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast in a 425 degree oven for 25 - 35 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.
- Serve with apples, onions, and cooking juice over top. Enjoy!
You may also enjoy: