This 'Sugar Cookie Peppermint Sticks - Add This to Your Holiday Recipes!' article was developed for Collective Bias and its advertiser. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
Whipping up some Sugar Cookie Peppermint Sticks was only one of many things on our to-do list today! This holiday season has barely begun but is already packed full of activities. We made cookies! Went hiking! Got together with friends! Ate lasagna! Thankfully, after my son's birthday lunch a few days ago, we ran by Walmart and picked up some easy meals and desserts, including a STOUFFER'S® Party Size Lasagna with Meat & Sauce Entrée, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Peppermint Refrigerated Cookie Dough, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Rolled & Ready Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, and candy canes! Everything we needed for a quickie no muss, no fuss, zero stress entertaining kind of day.
We were able to pop the lasagna straight from the freezer into the oven and put together our holiday cookies while it baked. The lasagna was chowed down on while the cookies baked, and when everyone was done we headed off into the woods for a group hike with friends. The holidays are busy, but thankfully they can still taste good without slaving all day over the stove!
Sugar Cookie Peppermint Sticks, Ingredients:
- 1 batch sugar cookie dough, prepared (I used NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Rolled & Ready Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3-4 candy canes, smashed
Sugar Cookie Peppermint Sticks, Directions:
- Roll cookie dough into a rectangle (if you're using the Rolled & Ready dough, just take it out of the package, don't separate the layers).
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, slice the cookie dough into thin strips and bake according to recipe directions. You're going to want to bake on the longer side of done so they won't be limp!
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes, and melt your chocolate on the stovetop or in the microwave. I did mine in the microwave in 20 second increments, until it was fully melted.
- Dip to cookies in chocolate and then sprinkle smashed candy canes all over the melty chocolate.
- Cool in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Wrap them up as a fun gift or enjoy them with your family!
Hey hey!!! Nestle is giving away $1,600 in Nestle Gift Baskets! 8 winners will receive a $100 Nestle gift basket and 2 winners will receive a $400 grand prize Nestle gift basket.
Enter to win in the widget below!
Nestlé Holiday Sweepstakes