Monster cookies stuffed full of chewy oats, savory, peanut butter, sweet chocolate chips, and M&M’s are the perfect dessert solution!
Homemade monster cookies are exactly what we all need right now. Full of so many yummy flavors and textures, they’re bound to be a favorite in your home too! Try them after your tuna stuffed tomato lunch.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Monster Cookie Ingredients
- Butter – Softened. I prefer salted butter, but if you want to control your salt intake more closely use unsalted and then add a pinch of salt to the recipe.
- Sugar – Brown and white granulated.
- Egg – Large.
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract.
- Peanut butter – Creamy.
- Flour – All purpose.
- Baking soda – Make sure it’s not baking powder.
- Oats – Quick cooking.
- Chocolate – Semi-sweet chips and M&M’s.
How do you make monster cookies? (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, cream together butter and both sugars. Add in egg and vanilla and mix.
⭐ Next, mix in peanut butter, then add in flour, baking soda and salt. Add in the quick oats. Once well mixed, stir in chocolate chips and M&M’s.
⭐ Then, drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet and bake until browning and cooked though.
⭐ Finally, allow to cool on a wire rack.
What are Monster Cookies?
Monster cookies are the most delicious chewy sweet and salty combination of oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chips, M&M’s, and both white and brown sugar. They are monstrously jam packed with yumminess!
Can you make the monster dough ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare it a day in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator, or it can be made several weeks in advance and stored in the freezer.
What kind of oats for monster cookies?
This recipe calls for quick cooking oats. Quick cooking oats is not the same as instant oatmeal. Instant oatmeal is rolled thinner and typically found in individual serving size packets. In a pinch instant oats can be substituted.
How do I make my cookies soft?
Be careful not to over bake. The cookies should still be very soft when you remove them from the oven. They will continue to set up as they cool. If you wait to remove them until they feel set then you will end up with hard cookies.
Why are my cookies flat?
First make sure your baking soda is not expired! If the baking soda is good, then you can try chilling the dough for several hours (or freezing for 30 minutes) before baking. This will keep them from spreading.
Leftovers and storage
How long do homemade monster cookies last?
These cookies will last 3 – 4 days at room temperature, or up to a week stored in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze monster cookies?
The cookies can be frozen for several months. Make sure they cool completely before freezing, and store in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Thaw overnight at room temp.
Tips and tricks
🥄 We usually like our cookies on the smaller side (for small hands) but try doubling (or tripling) the amount of dough per cookie to make monster sized monster cookies!
🧊 If you don’t want your cookies to spread, try chilling them for at least 2 hours before baking, or freezing for at least 30 minutes.
🥜 Make them extra peanuty by swapping the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips.
What to eat with monster cookies (serving suggestions)
If you love all things monster, be sure to check our our monster bundt cake too.
Try these cookie recipes next
- Cookies and cream cookie recipe
- Classic chocolate chip cookies
- Shortbread cookie recipe
- Easy chocolate cake mix cookies
- See all our cookie recipes!
Did you know you can make oat flour at home?
More delicious recipes with oats
- Cranberry oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chips
- Baked pumpkin oatmeal recipe
- Gluten free oatmeal cookies
- Chocolate chip oatmeal toffee bars
Other peanut butter recipes to enjoy
- Peanut butter granola with chocolate chips
- Chocolate covered peanut butter balls
- Peanut butter lush dessert
- Peanut butter and jelly cookies
- See all our recipes with peanut butter!
Tools we love
- Baker’s half sheet – These are the best for making a big batch of cookies!
- Silicone baking mats – Makes cleanup so easy, and nothing sticks!
- Cookie cooling rack – Perfect for cooling cookies quickly.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Monster Cookies
- ½ cup butter salted/softened
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix for a full two minutes.
- Mix in peanut butter, then add in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the quick oats. Once well mixed, stir in chocolate chips and m&ms.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.
Click the button above to save this recipe!