Easy Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Maple Nutmeg Glaze is the perfect simple recipe to enjoy in this season of ALL THINGS PUMPKIN!
I brought my husband a plate of these Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts after maybe being a touch hard on him for something that did not require the level of ire he received. My crankiness was well earned, but not by him. Regardless, apology donuts usually work well, and thankfully in this case that rule proved true. In fact he said, "if folks follow you're recipe, I think they'll be very very happy after taking a bite of these." And why wouldn't you follow the recipe. It's only three ingredients and a couple of spices. So simple. And so delicious. And if you're into glazes? This Maple Nutmeg glaze is gonna knock your socks off.
Normally when I make a big batch of sweets like this, after my family has had a go, I deliver the excess up and down the block so as keep myself away from temptation. When I began packing these up in containers, I was met with dagger eyes and thought maybe just this once we could keep the sweets at home. The kids and hubby were very (very, very) appreciative, and they didn't last but a couple days so my willpower wasn't tested long at all. Hah!
When we made these Pumpkin Spice Donuts on the live show (you can catch the replay here if you missed it!), some folks told me to add cinnamon to the donut batter, and others told me to skip it in the glaze. I didn't in either case and am confident we made the right decision.
Shop for all your Pumpkin Donut needs with our Amazon affiliate links!
- Pure Pumpkin Puree, 15 ounces
- Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan
- Powdered Sugar
- McCormick Ground Nutmeg
- McCormick Ground Ginger
- McCormick Ground Cinnamon
Easy Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts, Ingredients:
- one box vanilla cake mix
- one can pumpkin (15 oz)
- one egg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Easy Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts, Directions:
- Combine donut ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into a gallon bag with the corner cut or a piping bag, and pipe batter into lightly greased donut pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 13 - 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least ten minutes before removing from pan.
Maple Nutmeg Glaze, Ingredients:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- up to 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
Maple Nutmeg Glaze, Directions:
- Add sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon to a bowl.
- Stir in cream, then maple syrup until you reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle over donuts, allow glaze to set (or don't) and enjoy!
You might also enjoy: