Apple and Onion Roast Oven Baked Pork Chops are a simple and delicious dinner solution and great addition to this week’s recipe meal plan!
If you’re pressed for time, feel free to skip searing the pork chops. The flavors will still be delicious without the sear. You can use any type apples you like or have on hand (as you can see above we used a mix of Red Delicious and Granny Smith), but my personal preference is Granny Smith. The tartness is a great addition.
Shop this recipe with our Amazon affiliate links!
- Cuisinart Chef’s Roasting Pan
- Lodge 15 Inch Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
Apple and Onion Roast Oven Baked Pork Chops, Ingredients:
- 6 – 9 pork chops, thick cut
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion, thin sliced
- 4 – 5 large apples, thin sliced
Apple and Onion Roast Oven Baked Pork Chops, Directions:
- Pour soy sauce into a large bowl and dip each pork chop, wetting all sides.
- Optional: Quick sear pork chops on a hot skillet.
- Place apples and onions in a roasting pan and place pork chops on top. Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast in a 425 degree oven for 25 – 35 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.
- Serve with apples, onions, and cooking juice over top. Enjoy!