This Broccoli Cheese Potato Casserole recipe is the perfect simple dinner idea that the whole family will love. Throw some chicken in and freeze for your next busy night!
This Broccoli Cheese Potato Casserole is an awesome simple side dish that can be put together right before dinner, or even the night before. Five out of five kids ate it, and four of five without any complaints! That’s a serious achievement folks. Very serious.
It’s perfect for a busy night, lazy Sunday, or for bringing to a friend. You can throw some shredded chicken in to make it a full meal, or do what we did and serve it with stuffed chicken breasts from the frozen food aisle!
Sometimes your two year old needs love while dinner’s fixing. Being two is tough. He says hi (or more likely “HIIIIIIIII!!!!“) and wants you to know that he’ll listen to mommy next time and not pinch his fingers in the garlic press.
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for items we think you’ll love!
Broccoli Cheese Potato Casserole, Ingredients:
- 4 cups shredded potato (I used a 20 ounce bag of hash browns)
- 4 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen/thawed)
- 2 cups finely shredded cheese (I used a fiesta blend) – add an extra cup to the inside of the casserole if you like things really cheesy!
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, small chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- optional: shredded chicken breast
Broccoli Cheese Potato Casserole, Directions:
- Put everything EXCEPT 1 cup of the shredded cheese into a large bowl and mix well.
- Press mixture into a 9×9 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake covered on center rack at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is starting to brown.
This Broccoli Cheese Potato Casserole Recipe was originally developed for Collective Bias and Barber Foods. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for time and work. Opinions and recipes are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #SimplySpecialMeals. FIRST PUBLISHED 09.22.15