Chicken meatballs are moist and delicious on their own or perfect for adding to your favorite dinner or appetizer recipes!
This chicken meatball recipe is one of our favorite meal prepping recipes – definitely make a double or triple batch and freeze some for easy dinners later. They’re awesome tossed with buffalo sauce or in lasagna soup.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Chicken Meatball Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken – Ground chicken (ground turkey works too!).
- Bread crumbs – Plain or seasoned.
- Onion – White onion, diced.
- Egg – Large.
- Seasoning – Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, salt, pepper.
How do you make chicken meatballs? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, preheat oven and gather ingredients.
⭐ Next, combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and gently mix to combine.
⭐ Then, form chicken mixture into small balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet (or spray with cooking spray).
⭐ Finally, bake until browned and a safe internal temperature is reached.
Can you make chicken meatballs ahead of time?
Absolutely! Bake them and then stash them in the fridge for 3 – 4 days or in the freezer for up to a few months and use as you need.
They’re awesome for quick easy meals like instant pot spaghetti!
Do you bake or fry chicken meatballs?
The recipe as written is for baked chicken meatballs, but you could absolutely fry them if that’s your preferred method. Just cover the surface of a skillet with a thin layer of oil and cook on medium heat, turning as each side browns, until cooked through.
We love them baked as it’s super easy (no oily mess!) and doesn’t add any fat or calories to the meatballs.
How do you make moist chicken meatballs?
The combination of onion and breadcrumbs will go a long way to make these super moist and delicious.
You can also opt to use ground chicken that is made from both dark meat and light meat as it will have a higher fat content and therefore will be less dry.
Leftovers and storage
How long do chicken meatballs last?
These will keep in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days, or in the freezer for several months. Store in a sealed airtight container for best results.
Can you freeze chicken meatballs?
Yes! Allow the meatballs to cool, then place the entire sheet pan in the freezer until frozen solid (2 – 3 hours), then transfer the frozen meatballs to a freezer bag or other freezer-safe container.
How do you reheat chicken meatballs?
You can reheat these in the microwave on high in 30 second increments, until heated through, or (my favorite way to reheat) directly in the sauce or soup you’re fixing!
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
✅ Use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and a dash of Italian blend seasoning for Italian chicken meatballs.
✅ Make them spicy by adding chipotle powder, red pepper flakes, or sriracha sauce to the meatball mixture.
✅ Go with a Mexican flair by adding a packed of taco seasoning!
What to eat with chicken meatballs (serving suggestions)
These are so super versatile! I love serving them with parmesan cheese and red sauce like our slow cooker spaghetti sauce or our blender marinara sauce recipe. They’re also super delicious with fettuccine alfredo or baked into our rigatoni recipe!
More awesome meatball recipes
Other chicken recipes to try
- Pan seared chicken breast
- French onion chicken
- Chicken taco soup
- Chicken spaghetti recipe
- See all our chicken recipes
Tools we love
- Silicone baking mats – Nothing sticks to these! Whaaaa?! Perfect for baking sugary cookies, or cheesy croissants. You know why? Because nothing sticks to these!!!
- Bakers half sheet – It’s cool, we only have about six of these bakers half sheets because they’re good for absolutely everything.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely diced or grated onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix gently to combine.
- Form mixture into 1 to 1½ inch balls. Place meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees as shown by an instant read meat thermometer.
- Use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and a dash of Italian blend seasoning for Italian chicken meatballs.
- Make them spicy by adding chipotle powder or sriracha sauce to the meat mixture.
- Go with a Mexican flair by adding a packed of taco seasoning!
Click the button above to save this recipe!