Make Spicy Meatballs for your next game day! Easy to make and delicious to eat!
Spicy Meatballs are perfect for game day! Game day is a BIG deal around these parts. And by “game-day” I mean any Sunday, Monday, or Thursday during football season.
I have to be honest, despite watching countless hours of football with my dad. And infinity more with my husband. I have only the most tenuous grasp of the game.
Which is fine, really, because I’d much rather be in the kitchen whipping up some delicious party food for the masses.
My boys love (love love love) meatballs, and smoked chipotle just brings these to the next level.
The meatballs came together in no time at all, and when the guys piled onto the couch for game time, everything was ready Freddy.
This is definitely going on my list of holiday party recipes, and I’m going to give you one of my favorite party food tips – make these ahead and freeze them!
Make a double, triple, or quadruple batch and freeze in gallon bags. You can whip them out and impress people for months! Well, if they last that long. Which, they probably won’t. Because they’re amazing.
How to make Spicy Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs original style
- 3/4 cup cooked/crumbled bacon I like to cook my bacon in the oven and then stash it in the freezer for later
- 1/4 cup fine grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- blue cheese dressing for dipping
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except blue cheese. Mix together with your hands (go ahead, get a little dirty!) and roll into meatballs (makes about 40 appetizer sized balls).
- Place in a single layer on an oven-safe baking pan or dish, and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes (until centers are no longer pink).
- Serve warm with blue cheese dipping sauce, or be like my husband and stuff it all in a hoagie and enjoy a giant smoked chipotle meatball sub!
Try it with our BLUE CHEESE DRESSING!