Mexican pizza is easy to make and tastes like your favorite fast food! Made with ground beef, refried beans, and loaded with spices, these are always a winner!
We might be staying at home right now, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate one of my favorite holidays of the year, Cinco de Mayo with delicious homemade Mexican pizzas! Tortillas piled with beans, meat, tomatoes, peppers, cheese, and more. Oh my, yes please!
This is a promotion for Conagra. All content and opinions belong to Mama Loves Food.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Mexican Pizza Ingredients
- Ground beef – Browned. You could also use ground turkey, chicken, or even sausage.
- Rotel® Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies – We like the mild, but spicy is delicious too.
- Taco seasoning – You can grab a packet or make your own.
- Flour tortillas – fajita size
- Rosarita® Traditional Refried Beans – We used traditional, but you can also use vegetarian or fat free.
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese – or cheddar cheese
- Enchilada sauce – Canned or make your own.
- Optional garnishes – Shredded lettuce, sour cream, sliced black olives, pickled jalapenos, green onion, fresh cilantro.
The best way to pick up all of these ingredients with ease is by purchasing via Walmart Online Grocery. Easy to order, even easier to pick up (and they will put everything in your car for you) Walmart Online Grocery is THE way to shop!
How do you make Mexican pizzas? (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, brown ground beef in a skillet, then add Rotel® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies and taco seasoning.
⭐ Next, lay tortillas out and spread refried beans, then ground beef mixture, followed by cheese.
⭐ Then, layer each pizza with a second tortilla and top with enchilada sauce and more cheese.
⭐ Finally, bake until tortillas are crispy, and cheese is melted. Garnish with shredded lettuce, sour cream, black olives, and remaining Rotel® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
Can you make the pizzas ahead of time?
You can prepare the Mexican pizza recipe up to a day in advance. I strongly suggest prepping them on a parchment-lined baking sheet if you make them ahead as they may soften and stick more to the baking sheet.
How do you make them gluten free?
You can make gluten free Mexican pizzas by using corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. Make sure to check the package ingredients as not all corn tortillas are gluten free.
What toppings are good on Mexican pizzas?
Traditionally toppings include shredded iceberg lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, pickled jalapenos, fresh cilantro, chopped white or green onions. We also like to serve ours with cilantro garlic sauce sometimes!
How do you make them healthier?
To lighten up Mexican pizzas you can use no fat refried beans, substitute the ground beef for ground chicken or turkey (or even skip the meat altogether!), and trade the sour cream for fat free plain Greek yogurt.
Leftovers and Storage
What is the best way to store the leftovers?
The best way to store your leftovers is in a sealed container in a single layer. Leftovers should be refrigerated until ready to be eaten.
How do you reheat Mexican pizza?
The best way to reheat your pizza is in a toaster oven or conventional oven. You can also reheat single servings in a microwave on high power for 30 – 60 seconds.
Can Mexican pizzas be frozen?
Mexican pizzas can be frozen either before or after baking. For best results, freeze assembled on the sheet pan, then when fully frozen, wrap each pizza individually.
Thaw in the refrigerator or bake from frozen. When baking from frozen add an extra 7 – 10 minutes to your cook time.
Mexican Pizzas with Rotel and Rosarita
- Take your favorite recipe to a BOLD new level with Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
- Vine-ripened tomatoes, zesty green chilies, and a mix of spices are what give Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies its BOLD, adventurous taste.
- Combine Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies with soups, chili, queso, or any other recipe, and banish the bland.
- Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies contains 25 calories per serving.
- Don’t make compromises with your meals. Embrace the BOLD with the fresh taste of Rotel, the Bite with Bite.
- For over 70 Years, Rosarita has continued to make delicious Mexican-style products including refried beans, ingredient beans and cooking sauces. When it comes to your family’s Mexican night, serve them the taste of true Mexican heritage. Add Rosarita Traditional Refried beans for a delicious Mexican-style meal your family will love.
- Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans have 120 calories per serving.
- Add Rosarita Traditional refried beans for authentic and delicious Mexican inspired side dish.
More Mexican dishes to love
- Mexican lasagna with ground beef
- Tostadas with chicken
- Baked taquitos
- Quick black bean soup
- See all our easy Mexican recipes!
More awesome pizza recipes
- BBQ chicken pizza with bacon
- Breakfast pizza with scrambled eggs
- White pizza flatbread
- See all our easy pizza recipes!
- Santoku knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
- Silicone baking mats – Nothing sticks to these! What?! Perfect for baking sugary cookies, or cheesy croissants. You know why? Because nothing sticks to these!!!
- Bakers half sheet – It’s cool, we only have about six of these baker’s half sheets because they’re good for absolutely everything. Cookies? Yes! Steak? Yes! Cake? Oh yeah! Roasted veggies? Uhhhh huh!
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Mexican Pizzas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can Rotel® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles 10 ounces
- 1 heaping teaspoon taco seasoning
- 12 medium flour tortillas fajita size
- 1 Rosarita® Traditional Refried Beans
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Sliced black olives
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, then stir in ¾ can of Rotel® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies and the teaspoon of taco seasoning. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until the liquid has cooked off.
- Lay six tortillas out on two baking sheets. Spread refried beans evenly on each tortilla (using the whole can), Then add ground beef mixture on top, followed by half of the shredded cheese.
- Layer each pizza with a second tortilla, then top with 1 tablespoon of enchilada sauce each and the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 425F for 7 - 10 minutes, then garnish with shredded lettuce, sour cream, black olives, and remaining Rotel.
Make sure to get all of these ingredients easily by purchasing via Walmart Online Grocery. Easy to order, even easier to pick up (and they will put everything in your car for you) Walmart Online Grocery is THE way to shop!
Click the button above to save this recipe!