Pumpkin fudge made with pumpkin pie spice and real pumpkin is brimming with rich pumpkin flavor and makes the perfect treat or gift!
This easy pumpkin fudge recipe is melt in your mouth delicious and requires no candy thermometer or tricky candy making skills. Enjoy it after a hearty bowl of pumpkin chili!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Pumpkin Fudge Ingredients
- White chocolate chips – A high quality white chocolate chip will work the best here.
- Sweetened condensed milk – Make sure you’re using sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk, they are not the same.
- Pumpkin – Canned pure pumpkin puree. Do not try to use pumpkin pie filling.
- Pumpkin pie spice – You can get this in the grocery store spice aisle, or easily make your own pumpkin spice recipe.
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla extract.
- Golden Oreos – Crushed. I love the texture these add, but you can skip them if you want a smooth fudge.
How do you make pumpkin fudge? (step-by-step)
⭐ First, line a pan with foil or parchment paper. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk.
⭐ Then, microwave in short intervals, stirring after each time and repeating until smooth and melted. Stir in the pumpkin, pumpkin spice and vanilla until smooth.
⭐ Next, stir half the crushed Oreos into the fudge. Pour fudge mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly, and sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos on top.
⭐ Finally, refrigerate until set and cut into squares.
Do you have to use the Oreo cookies?
No, we love the texture they add, but if you prefer a smooth fudge you can leave them out.
Can you make pumpkin fudge ahead of time?
Yes, this can be made a few days in advance.
What other mix-ins can I add to pumpkin fudge?
Try toasted walnuts (or other nuts you love), toffee bits, dried cranberries, or top with flaked sea salt.
Leftovers and storage
How do you store pumpkin fudge?
After the fudge has set, it can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container. It can also be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
Can you freeze pumpkin fudge?
Fudge can be frozen for two to three months. Best practice is to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer bag, while it is still in a block (before it is cut). Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before slicing.
How long does pumpkin fudge last?
Your fudge will last 2 – 3 days at room temperature, 3 – 5 days in the refrigerator, or up to three months in the freezer. Or if you bring it to my house it will be gone in a few hours.
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
✅ Try making this with different flavored chips like butterscotch or chocolate.
✅ Make sure not to scorch the white chocolate chips when melting by stirring frequently. If you’re using a microwave, never let them go for more than 30 seconds without stirring (and no more than 15 seconds after they start to warm up).
✅ Allowing the fudge to set in the fridge for a few hours before slicing will make it easier to get clean sharp cuts.
✅ Swiping the knife with vegetable oil will also help give you a perfectly clean cut!
What to eat with pumpkin fudge (serving suggestions)
Well, this is definitely a seasonal dish, so how about something warm and hearty like vegetable beef soup or Mississipi pot roast. Don’t forget a side of quick dinner rolls and roasted brussels sprouts!
More amazing pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin cream cheese muffins
- Pumpkin curry soup
- Pumpkin spice bread
- Pumpkin cheesecake
- Pumpkin waffles
- See all our pumpkin recipes!
Other delicious fudge recipes
- Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Grasshopper Fudge
- S’mores Fudge
- Oreo Fudge
- Strawberry and Dark Chocolate Fudge
- Butterscotch Fudge Blondies
- Butterscotch fudge
- See all our awesome fudge recipes!
Tools we love
- Rubber spatula – Make sure to mix well and scrape the sides down so you don’t leave any fudgey goodness behind!
- Large Glass Measuring Cup – I love a glass measuring cup for measuring and microwaving. Less dishes!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Pumpkin Fudge
- 4 cups white chocolate chips high quality
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup canned pure pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 golden Oreos crushed
- Line an 8x8 pan dish or pie pan with foil or parchment paper. If you use foil, spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in-between cycles until everything is melted and smooth.
- Stir in the pumpkin, pumpkin spice and vanilla until smooth. Fold in half the crushed Oreos. Pour into pan and smooth to edges with a spatula. Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until fudge is set. Cut into squares.
- Toasted walnuts (or other nuts you love)
- Toffee bits
- Dried cranberries
- Top with flaked sea salt.
Click the button above to save this recipe!