I’m pretty sure Salted Caramel S’mores Cake is what unicorns eat on their birthdays, because it’s MAGICAL. This is the stuff of fairy tales, people. Yum. Nom nom nom. For real, it knocked me off my two month long gluten-free stint, and I don’t even care. Totes worth it.
Salted Caramel S’mores Cake Ingredients
Chocolate cake mix batter
Crushed graham crackers
How Do You Make Salted Caramel S’mores Cake
First, place crushed graham crackers evenly on the bottom of a baking pan, pour cake batter over top.
Then, bake according to box directions.
Next, drizzle melted caramel over baked cake and place smashed pretzel sticks evenly over caramel.
Finally, pile the marshmallows on top and place cake under the broiler for until marshmallows are brown and toasty.
Tips and Tricks
★ Try adding a tablespoon of heavy cream to your caramel before melting it in the microwave is you want a more pourable results.
★ For a bakery-like cake, add an extra egg to the batter and swap the water for milk.
★ Use our 3 ingredient magic pan release if you want to make sure the cake doesn’t stick to the pan!
More S’mores Recipes
More Cake Recipes
More Recipes with Caramel
- Oil mister – This is the perfect gift for folks who want to make sure they know exactly what they’re spraying on their pans. We like to put olive oil in ours, but you could use anything from vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or whatever you like! Just pump the top a few times and it sprays a fine mist of the oil you chose.
- Silicone baking mats – Nothing sticks to these! Whaaaa?! Perfect for baking sugary cookies, or cheesy croissants. You know why? Because nothing sticks to these!!!
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
How to Make Salted Caramel S’mores Cake
Salted Caramel S'mores CakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 box chocolate cake mix batter prepared per box directions
- 1 sleeve crushed graham crackers about 9 whole crackers*
- 4 cups pretzel sticks smashed*
- 11 ounces caramel candies melted
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows*
- Place crushed graham crackers evenly on the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan.
- Pour cake batter over top and bake according to box directions.
- Drizzle melted caramel over baked cake (I melted mine in the microwave in 20 second increments. Watch closely, because it will 'boil over' if you let it go too long) (ask me how I know).
- Place smashed pretzel sticks evenly over caramel, and pile the marshmallows on top.
- Place on the top rack under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, watching closely, until marshmallows are brown and toasty.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
This was originally a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.