Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect make-ahead appetizer recipe. Just pop in the oven when you're ready to serve. Yum!
I first wrote this post when I was 34 weeks pregnant with my 4th kiddo (unknown to me then, but my only girl!), and I was utterly and thoroughly obsessed with all things bacon and cheese. I think maybe it was the fact that I couldn't eat anything tasty with my first pregnancy (thanks a lot, rotten gallbladder) and I overcompensated with later pregnancies. These Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are based on my favorite appetizer at a (now gone) local restaurant, Bill's Elbow. Bill is no longer with us, but his tasty food lives on. I like to think he'd be pleased about that.
Shop Amazon affiliate links for items featured or used in this recipe:
[original text] I'm kind of on a bacon and cheese kick lately. Let's just go ahead and blame it on the pregnancy, mmmkay? Great! Now that we've got that all settled, go ahead and take a gander at this tasty bit of bacony heaven I made today. These Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are the ultimate appetizer or afternoon snack.
What I especially love about them is you can make up a batch ahead of time and stick them in the fridge until you're ready to bake and serve. How convenient! Right now I have a whole mess of them prepped in the fridge so I can make small batches whenever the next craving strikes!
Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mushroom Ingredients:
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled (I store precooked bacon in the freezer, it's so convenient!)
- 16 ounces white mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed (about 35 caps)
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- garlic salt
Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mushroom Directions:
- In a bowl mix together the cheese, bacon, and mayo.
- Scoop ingredients into mushroom caps and place cheesy side up in a casserole dish. (If you're making ahead of time, throw them in the fridge or freezer now).
- Sprinkle caps liberally with garlic salt and bake at 350 degrees for about twenty minutes, until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
You may also enjoy: