This Simple Cream Cheese Icing recipe only takes a couple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
Things I almost never have in my kitchen: cake frosting. Things I almost always have in my kitchen: butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla. Things I recently learned how to make because I really wanted icing on my Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake: cream cheese frosting.
This frosting is insanely easy to make and so very very delicious. I have tweaked it to my tastes, but you're welcome to add more or less of anything to suit your needs. It's also the perfect base if you want to add other flavors, like maple, cinnamon, or even pumpkin spice! It will keep in the fridge for as long as the components are good, so make sure to take note of the use-by dates on your cream cheese and butter. The recipe makes enough to frost one cake, so if you're doing filling I suggest doubling!
Shop our Amazon links for items useful or featured in this recipe!
Really Simple Cream Cheese Frosting, Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Really Simple Cream Cheese Frosting, Directions:
- With an electric mixer or stand mixer, whip together butter and cream cheese.
- Add powdered sugar, one half cup at a time. Beat until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator and ENJOY!
You may also enjoy: