Learn how to make delicious and simple Bulletproof Coffee with this easy recipe!
Bulletproof Coffee!!! You guys, everyone I tell about this stuff turns up their nose. And then they try it. And become addicted. Because it's SOOOOOO good! Perfect for folks like me who can't handle the idea of food in the morning. Also perfect for my dairy free friends who still want a frothy creamy coffee to enjoy.
When I drink this in the morning, I'm usually not hungry again until lunch time. It's full of good healthy fats that fill you up and keep you satisfied for a(n unreasonably) long time. I seriously can't say enough good things about Bulletproof Coffee. It's been around in paleo and crossfit circles for a long time, but just recently seems to be making its way into the mainstream. There are about as many ways to make it as there are makers of coffee, but I'm just going to tell you about mine.
Make sure you're using a really high quality butter, definitely from grassfed cows. I prefer a European butter (like Kerrygold) because they also have lower water content. It sound silly and possibly frivolous, but it really does make a difference in taste and nutrition to bite the bullet (see what I did there?) and get a better butter.
You can make this with any type of coffee, but my personal favorite is a strongly brewed hazelnut blend. Ohhhhhh my. I can't even with how tasty it is. Nutty and frothy and filling - did I mention that this coffee is weirdly filling? It is.
Bulletproof Coffee, Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon high quality butter, unsalted (you can clarify it first if you're dairy free!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 - 10 ounces strong coffee
Bulletproof Coffee, Directions:
- Add butter and oil to the coffee cup (or whatever mixing vessel you're using), pour hot coffee over top. Blend with a stick blender (or in your upright).
|My pretty girl loves to join me in a small cup of decaf ♥|
If you dig all things COFFEE, make sure to check out these other awesome posts!
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mocha
- How to Make Cashew Creamer
- Date Paste Natural Sweetener
- Pumpkin Spiced Simple Syrup
- How to Make Clarified Butter
- Pumpkin Spiced Frozen Coffee
Shop for items used or inspired by this recipe!
- White Porcelain 17 ounce Latte Mugs
- Kahlua Gourmet Ground Coffee, Hazelnut
- Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter - Unsalted
- Carrington Farms Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Mr. Coffee Coffeemaker, Chrome
- Keurig Elite Brewing System
- Zero Fox Mug from Etsy