I have a girlfriend who makes these amazing stuffed jalapeno appetizers. She painstakingly halves, deseeds, and cleans each jalapeno. Then she fills the hollowed peppers with cream cheese, wraps them in bacon and bakes – basting with barbecue sauce every few minutes. They’re incredibly yummy, but take a really really lot of effort and every time I make them I get jalapeno juice on my contact lenses and weep a little that the end result, while delicious, just isn’t worth all the work.
So, the other day when I was hardcore craving some stuffed jalapenos while making Ham and Cheese Crescents for the kids, genius struck. I yanked out an extra tube of crescents, along with the fixings for stuffed jalapenos and put them together. A quick bake alongside the boys’ crescents and VOILA! Barbecue Bacon Jalapeno Popper Crescents! All the flavor and none of the fuss. You guys, wear your stretchy pants for this one because stopping at one just isn’t an option.
Barbecue Bacon Jalapeno Popper Crescents, Ingredients:
- Crescent roll dough
- Pickled jalapenos (here’s how I make mine!)
- Cream cheese
- Barbecue sauce
- Cooked/crumbled bacon
Barbecue Bacon Jalapeno Popper Crescents, Directions:
- Lay crescent roll triangles out flat on a baking sheet and paint with a generous amount of barbecue sauce.
- Add a hefty dollop of cream cheese, and a few slices of pickled jalapeno.
- Top with crumbled bacon bits, and roll up. I like to fold the sides around top to keep leakage at a minimum, but you do it however you like.
- Bake according to package directions, until crescents are cooked through and turning golden on top.
If you like crescent creations, make sure to check out these other awesome recipes!
- French Dip Crescents with Easy Au Jus
- Bratwurst and Caramelized Onion Crescents
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Crescents
- Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls
- Two Minute Garlic Knots
- Banana Honey Blue Cheese Crescents
- Balsamic Strawberry Crescents
- Mini Apple Cinnamon Pie Pockets
- Cherry Pie Bites with Vanilla Sugar Drizzle
Shop for items used or inspired by this recipe!
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Pickled Jalapenos (if you don’t want to make your own)
- Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce (this stuff is soooooo good)
- Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware
- “Hello Is It Me You’re Cooking For?” Apron