Our Lemon Mousse is made with only three ingredients and comes together in about 2 minutes. It’s the perfect easy desserts to impress your guests!
Are you so excited for this lemon mousse bowl of whipped sunshine?! I know I am!
These three ingredient Lemon Mousse cups are so delicious – my eight year old declared them “the best thing you ever made yet, Mom!” and P.S. just like our chocolate mousse, they’re ridiculously easy to prepare. Why not make it a lemon filled day and prepare our lemon cookies too!
What is Lemon Mousse
Lemon mousse is a sweet lemon flavored dessert, similar to a pudding but lighter as it has been whipped to incorporate air. It is delicious eaten on its own, or try it as a filling or topping in other recipes.
Lemon Mousse with Pudding Mix
You could actually make the lemon mousse with only two ingredients if you’re able to track down some instant lemon pudding. Good luck, though – I couldn’t find it anywhere!
Not to worry, though I actually really love the hint of vanilla our pudding added to the mousse.
Whip your Lemon Mousse with an Electric Mixer
You’re going to want to use an electric mixer to whip your lemon mousse and make it nice and light and airy. This mousse is simultaneously rich and decadent, while also being delicate.
Be careful when you’re mixing though, it will go from liquid to mouse very quickly. Seriously, like 45 seconds. Maybe.
It’s important to pay close attention – which is why I recommend a hand mixer versus an upright mixer, because if you go to far, you’ll end up making lemon butter. Which, while likely delicious, it’s not what we’re aiming for.
What do you do with Lemon Mousse?
You can do the obvious with your lemon mousse and eat it with a spoon, but we actually love to use this two ingredient mousse as a filling between cake layers.
It holds up beautifully and gives a decadence to the cake that you won’t get with regular icing. Try making a chocolate or vanilla version and using it in our chocolate overload cake!
Decorate with Sprinkles
Ohhhhh, or use it as donut filling. Yum.
If you serve the lemon mousse individually, use small cups because this is a very rich dessert. Deeeeeliciously rich. And definitely don’t forget the sprinkles.
Sprinkles are key.
Use a Piping Bag for Lemon Mousse
You can absolutely just spoon this into dishes, but I decided to get fancy and put it in piping bags. If you don’t have piping bags but still want to go a little more sophisticated, just stuff it all in a ziploc bag and cut off the corner.
I served mine in little cups on their own, but this recipe could also be used as a cupcake topping or cake filling! Our favorite piping tip (and the one we used for the mousse pictured here) is the 1m star tip.
More delicious lemon recipes
- Frosted Lemonade Recipe
- Easy Lemon Bars
- Strawberry Lemonade Punch
- Soft Lemon Cookies
- See all our recipes with lemon!
More Simple Recipes Like Lemon Mousse
- Raspberry Cobbler – We use cake mix to make this super simple three ingredient raspberry cobbler. You won’t believe how easy and delicious it is. And you can make it with almost any fruit filling!
- Ganache – Literally one of my favorite things to make EVER. If you watch our live show though, you already know this because we make ganache every chance we get! Mmmmmm.
- Two Ingredient Raspberry Dumplings – P.S. I really like raspberry. But if it’s not your jam, no worries! Choose another fruit to make this ahhhhhhhmazing (and so simple) two ingredient dumpling recipe.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – This one might be my most requested cookie recipe in our house, and I never mind making it, because we always have these four ingredients. And I bet you do too!
- Chocolate Mug Cake – We’re saying this chocolate mug cake recipe is for two, but I won’t be the one to judge if you don’t share. That is, if you don’t judge me for not sharing either.
- Strawberry Ice Cream – Did you know you could make ice cream without any fancy equipment??? Three ingredients and an electric mixer an you’ll have sweet creamy perfection!
- Two Ingredient Butterscotch Buttercream Fudge – I think Harry Potter would really like this butterscotch fudge recipe. It’s not quite butterbeer, but it’s definitely butterbeer-ish. And therefore quite delicious.
- KitchenAid 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer – I have the blue one! I love my giant stand mixer (love, love, love) but if we’re being totally honest, this electric handmixer is the real workhorse in our home! We even bought a second set of beaters because one is always dirty!
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls, Set of 6 – Just the handiest dandiest set of mixing bowls you’ll ever own. My mom still has hers from when she was married 40 years ago. These bad boys are hardcore.
- Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix – Our secret ingredient to the best quick mousse! Shhhh, don’t tell your friends!
- Wilton Sugar Pearls, 5 Oz – These sugar pearls are just my favorite and I love them, and I always spill them on the ground while I’m trying to be a fancy decorator. But when I can manage to actually get them on the dessert, they really are so beautiful.
- Disposable Clear Serving Cups, Small – I like to use clear cups for serving this lemon mousse because it’s just so pretty, I want to be able to see the whole thing!
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Lemon Mousse
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding 5 ounces
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- optional sprinkles, yellow food coloring
- Add everything to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low for a few seconds until everything is combined.
- Turn mixer speed to high and beat until mixture whips and becomes mousse-like and stiff enough to pipe.
- Serve and ENJOY!