Frosted Lemonade is a copycat Chick fil A recipe that you’re going to want to make over and over again this summer!
Frosted Lemonades from Chick fil A are all the rage around here right now. And why not? It feels like the surface of the sun outside lately and what better way to cool off with than lemonade and ice cream. How was this not a thing always!?
Copycat Recipe for Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade
While I appreciate a trip to the local fast foodie joint as much as the next tired mom (hey, there’s a playground AND I don’t have to fight with the kids to eat) – it’s not really something I should be doing on a regular basis (you’re welcome, budget).
But I’m nothing if not resourceful, so naturally I figured out how to make this sweet treat at home.It was really hard. I slaved to get this recipe to you. Seriously. So many trial runs. And I had to taste test all of them. Tragic for my waistline, but someone had to do it. I’m basically a martyr.
Okay, okay, the recipe is super simple. I drank them because I wanted to. YUM.
Frosted Lemonade Ingredients
- Lemonade – this recipe is best when made with real lemonade, so either make it yourself, or grab the lemonade from the refrigerated section of your market (usually near the produce)!
- Vanilla ice cream – Grab your favorite! I like the kind with flecks of vanilla bean in it. Mmm mm mmmmm.
- Optional garnish – Want to make it look fancy? Try some lemon wedges, yellow sprinkles, or whipped cream on top!
How Do You Make Frosted Lemonade
⭐ First, in a blender, combine lemonade and ice cream.
⭐ Then, blend until smooth and milkshakey and frothy and you’re tempted to drink it straight from the pitcher.
⭐ Finally, serve and garnish as desired.
Complete Your Meal with these Serving Suggestions
More delicious lemon recipes
- Lemon Bar Recipe
- Easy Lemon Mousse
- Strawberry Lemonade Punch
- Soft Lemon Cookies
- See all our recipes with lemon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade Good?
Chick-Fil-A Frosted lemonade is delicious! It’s lighter than a milkshake, but heavier than a lemonade. Both creamy and bright – perfect for a hot spring or summer afternoon.
We love making these copycat frosted lemonades after a long pool day while we’re waiting for dinner to be done on the grill.
Does Frosted Lemonade Have Dairy?
Frosted lemonade does contain dairy as we use vanilla ice cream. If you need a dairy free option, try making it with a dairy free ice cream like coconut ice cream or almond milk ice cream.
What is Chick Fil A Ice Dream made of?
Ice Dream is a soft serve dairy based ice cream product used in cones, milk shakes and frosted drinks at Chick Fil A. It is not dairy free.
What is Chick Fil A frosted lemonade?
A frosted lemonade is a combination of vanilla ice cream and lemonade. It is thinner than a milkshake, but still decadently rich while simultaneously being bright and lovely and perfect for a cool down that won’t feel leave you feeling weighed down.
More Like This
- Coke Float
- Classic Milkshake
- Strawberry Peach Sherbet Punch
- Pink Sherbet Punch
- Strawberry Lime Popsicle Spritzer
- Berry Gingerale Float
- Strawberry Lime Slush
- See all our drink recipes!
More copycat recipes
- Chili from Wendy’s
- Curry Mustard from Pollo Tropical
- Broccoli Cheese Soup from Panera
- Shamrock Shake from McDonalds
- Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden
- Make sure to check out all our copycat recipe ideas!
- Stick blender – Possibly the most used gadget in my entire kitchen. The key to making a hand blender useful versus a giant pain in the butt is to rinse it immediately after using. That way you’re never trying to get crusty dried goop out from under the blades.
- Ninja blender – We. Love. This. Blender. It blends all the things! Beautifully! No scraping the sides like I did in my old blender. And for a super reasonable price. My favorite thing to blend is Strawberry Lime Slushes!
- Double wall insulated wine glasses – Okay, this one’s not really a gadget so much as something I find really useful in a hot kitchen. I can pour my cold wine or beer into one of these cute glasses and forget I did for hours. When I finally wander back, it’s still cold and ready for me. I’ve even sat it next to my flaming hot grill while I make burgers, and it doesn’t turn into warm beer soup!
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How Do You Make Frosted Lemonade
- Lemonade get the good stuff from the refrigerated section, don't use a powder mix
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a blender combine 1 part lemonade to 2 parts ice cream and blitz until blended and milkshakey and frothy and you're tempted to drink it straight from the pitcher.
If you love cool treats, how about a classic banana split ice cream sundae?