Mummy pretzels are pretzel rods coated in melted chocolate with a fun and spooky mummy design perfect for any Halloween celebration!
These mummy pretzels are super fun and easy to make. The kids will love helping create the mummy wrapped design! Make with ghost cookies, bat oreo truffles, and killer cupcakes for the spookiest treat platter!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Why you’ll love this recipe!
📌 Delicious salty and sweet flavors from the pretzels and white chocolate.
📌 The perfect addition to Halloween treat bags or fall bake sales.
📌 An easy and fun mummy design that is impossible to mess up!
Mummy Pretzel Ingredients
- Pretzels – Large salted pretzel rods.
- Chocolate – We used white candy melts but you can also use white chocolate chips or almond bark.
- Candy Eyes – For creating the mummy design.
- (Optional) Paramount Crystals – For thinning out the chocolate/candy melts.
How do you make mummy pretzel rods? (step-by-step directions)
⭐ First, melt half the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, microwaving in increments to prevent the chocolate from seizing. Stirring between each interval. Remove bowl from microwave just before fully melted. Stir until smooth.
⭐ Next, if desired, add paramount crystals to the chocolate and stir until dissolved. Dip the pretzel rod into the chocolate, using a spoon to help coat the pretzel. Place on parchment paper for the chocolate to set.
⭐ Then, melt the reserved chocolate and place into a piping bag. Cut a small hole in the tip of the bag and drizzle back and forth over the pretzel rods.
⭐ Last, add the eyes on top of the white chocolate drizzle. Hold eyes for a few seconds to ensure they hold firm on the chocolate. Let set and serve.
Scroll down to the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this article for ingredient measurements and detailed cooking instructions.
Can you make mummy pretzels ahead of time?
Yes! These will keep for several days (or even weeks) if stored properly.
Can I use chocolate instead of candy melts?
For sure! Try these with chocolate chips, chocolate kisses, chocolate flavored candy melts, white chocolate or even other flavors!
Do I have to use a piping bag?
Not at all. For the mummy layer, you can also use a ziploc baggie and cut the corner off or even drizzle the chocolate with a spoon.
Can I use the crock pot to melt candy melts?
Absolutely! This might be my favorite method because the chocolate is always hot and ready.
Leftovers and storage
How do you store mummy pretzels?
Store them in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
How long will mummy pretzels last?
These should keep for several days, and even up to several weeks in a cool dry environment.
Can you freeze mummy pretzels?
We do not suggest freezing these.
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
✅ Pretzels: Look for pretzels that are sturdy and have a good shape. We like pretzel rods (pictured) but you can also use mini pretzel twists or sticks. Try to avoid pretzels that are too thin or brittle, as they may break when dipped.
✅ Oil: If you don’t have any paramount crystals and your candy melts seem too thick for dipping, add a teaspoon of vegetable oil or coconut oil and stir until it reaches a smoother consistency. This will make it easier to coat the pretzels evenly.
✅ Excess: After dipping, hold the pretzel over the bowl for a few seconds to allow any excess candy to drip off. This will help prevent thick pools from forming at the base of the pretzel.
✅ Non-stick: Place the dipped pretzels on a non-stick surface like parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will prevent them from sticking and make it easier to remove them once set.
What to enjoy with Halloween mummy pretzels (serving suggestions)
More awesome Halloween treats
- Halloween candy apple slices
- Candy corn fudge
- Halloween jello shots
- I-scream Halloween ice cream floats
- Halloween charcuterie board
- Monster bundt cake
- See all our spooky Halloween recipes!
Other fun desserts you’ll love
- Sponge candy
- Coca Cola fudge
- Impossible pie
- Peanut butter cups
- Orange creamsicle pie
- Patriotic pretzels
- See all our easy dessert recipes!
Tools we love
- Baking sheets – We love these from Nordicware. I use mine constantly.
- Silicon baking mat – Nothing sticks to these, I swear by them!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Mummy Pretzels
- 12 pretzel rods
- 1½ cups white candy melts, white chocolate, or almond bark reserve about ¼ cup for later
- 2 teaspoons paramount crystals OPTIONAL
- candy eyes and (optional) sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Melt the candy melts using your preferred method (see next step), and dip each pretzel. Set pretzels aside on baking sheet.
- MELTING INSTRUCTIONS:Microwave: use a microwave safe bowl and heat candy melts in 20 second increments, stirring between heat cycles.Stovetop: melt candies over low heat, stirring constantly, remove from heat as soon as candies are melted; double boiler can be used if desired.Slow Cooker: add chips to oven safe dishes or a crock pot divider and place in slow cooker (mason jars work well for this); cover, set to low for 1 - 2 hours, stir before using. You can melt multiple colors at once using this method.*stir paramount crystals into melted candies, if using
- Drizzle remaining (or reserved) candy melts onto pretzels using a piping bag, cut sandwich bag, or spoon to create the "mummy look" and place the candy eyes before the candy melts set.
- Allow pretzels to fully set before storing in an air tight container until ready to enjoy.
⭐Save This Recipe⭐ Send it to your email!
I consent to receive email from this site 💌
Click the button above to save this recipe!