Sausage Cranberry Stuffing might be my favorite part of holiday meals. Savory with a little hint of sweet and tangy, crunchy on top and chewy in the middle. Mmmmm. It comes together in no time, can be made ahead and is a major crowd pleaser. This stuffing is a winner all around. I always make a double batch and usually regret not doing triple!
Sausage Cranberry Stuffing, Ingredients:
- 1 package herb seasoned stuffing mix, 14 ounces
- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage, browned - not drained
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 stick butter, melted
Sausage Cranberry Stuffing, Directions:
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except butter, mix well so everything is moist.
- Spoon stuffing into a casserole dish (if you're going to freeze for later, stop here and pack it up) and drizzle the melted butter over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes, until the top is browned and crispy.