These are divine. Truly. They taste just like your favorite breakfast treat but in fabulous cookie form. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I stumbled on something like it and thought I would give it a whirl. My tummy is glad I did, but my thighs? Not so much.
- One batch sugar cookie dough (you can make your own, or just buy a roll)
- 1/4 stick butter, melted
- Brown Sugar
- Roll out sugar cookie dough into a large rectangle (flour your rolling surface to avoid stickage!)
- Lather with melted butter
- Sprinkle liberally with a layer of cinnamon
- Sprinkle liberally with a layer of brown sugar
- Roll up and wrap in foil or plastic wrap
- Chill for two hours (or place in freezer for 30 minutes)
- Slice cookies off roll and bake according to sugar cookie directions. (I found thin slices worked best).
- Drizzle with glaze & enjoy!
- Butter, melted
- Milk, warmed
- Powdered (Confectioner's) Sugar
- Mix equal parts butter and milk
- Add a dash off vanilla to butter/milk mix for flavor
- Very slowly drizzle butter/milk mix into confectioner's sugar, stirring constantly until you get desired consistency