Key Lime Pie is the ultimate summer dessert recipe. Sweet, tart, light and refreshing; don't let Labor Day come and go without making one!
Folks are always astonished when they see just how easy it is to prepare a delicious Key Lime Pie recipe. Four ingredients and 30 minutes yields you a silky, sweet, tart, slice of heaven. It's one of my favorite desserts (all year long, if we're being honest), but especially in the summer.
I know the season is waning and pumpkin spice EVERYTHING is just around the corner, but there's still time to sneak in a few more blissful moments of sunshine and citrus. Or, if we've officially passed summer and gone headlong into winter or fall - who cares? Make it anyway, because it tastes damn good.
I delivered this recipe to my next door neighbor after making two pies on our live show (yes, I kept the other one for myself), and she declared it "perfectly tangy"! Which is exactly how every Key Lime Pie ought to be described.
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for items that complement this recipe:
Really Simple Key Lime Pie, Ingredients:
- 1 cup key lime juice (or as little as 1/2 cup if you prefer less tartness) - you can use regular lime juice in a pinch too!
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce cans)
- 2 eggs
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (9" if you want an overfilled pie like the one pictured, or 11" if you're planning to do a meringue on top)
- optional garnish: whipped cream
Really Simple Key Lime Pie, Directions:
- Combine key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk and eggs in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, garnish with whipped cream, & ENJOY!
You may also enjoy:
Originally published Jun 26, 2011